Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Economics...
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
I'm sure you'll find plenty of Trumpers to shit on the economy but lets be honest.  Its going good because we're coming out of the pandemic.  Most economic forecasts I saw had us between 4-6.5% GDP growth.  We could go without a president and have a good economy with that much growth. 

Had Trump been reelected he would have negatively affected the vaccine rollout but he was 100% in on the stimulus so I think that would have happened with or without him. 

If I have concerns with the economy its that we have significant inflation right now.  If the Fed doesn't work to cool some of that inflation with a rise in interest rates we'll be setting ourselves up for one hell of a recession.  At some point $10 2x4s become an issue.  If ti wasn't for massive gains in housing we wouldn't be seeing houses continuing to be built at 200-300%$ over runs vs where they were pre-pandemic. 

You also wont get the unemployment rate to come down until we cut off bonus unemployment.  There are democrats screeching for ANOTHER round of bonus unemployment. 
The unemployment rate has been going down since August of last year.....should be close to 6.0 or under when the statistics come out for May later this month. The stimulus money will dry up soon and you'll see it get closer to 5.0 or under. But don't expect it to get back to 3.5 or thereabouts as some businesses died during COVID and won't be coming back. 
Yeah, inflation is going up. It was 4.2% in April but keep in mind that it was 3.2% back in 2011. But the Fed has abandoned price stability and its time for Congress to kick them in the ass. 

We haven't been in control of our destiny in a long long time. 
We never have been, the game has always been rigged. Doesn't matter if its 2021 or 1921. Some people understand this better than others,
Who doesn't understand that the game is rigged?  Big difference between not understanding and not being willing to accept the status quo without bitching about it.

I laugh that anybody thinks that their party isn't as equally entrenched in preserving the status quo and that in some way their party is looking out for their best interest or even the best interest of the country or the planet. 
I think a lot of people don't understand the game. Tons. And you can laugh, but its your way of dismissing everything Left saying its 'equal'. Its not equal. Equalling entrenched in their own point of view, sure. Equally entrenched in what's best for the planet? Please. Equally entrenched in what's best for the country? Hardly. 

Its extremely difficult to change the status quo for one reason and one reason only: the extremely wealthy won't allow it. You can decide who panders more to that demographic. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
I'm sure you'll find plenty of Trumpers to shit on the economy but lets be honest.  Its going good because we're coming out of the pandemic.  Most economic forecasts I saw had us between 4-6.5% GDP growth.  We could go without a president and have a good economy with that much growth. 

Had Trump been reelected he would have negatively affected the vaccine rollout but he was 100% in on the stimulus so I think that would have happened with or without him. 

If I have concerns with the economy its that we have significant inflation right now.  If the Fed doesn't work to cool some of that inflation with a rise in interest rates we'll be setting ourselves up for one hell of a recession.  At some point $10 2x4s become an issue.  If ti wasn't for massive gains in housing we wouldn't be seeing houses continuing to be built at 200-300%$ over runs vs where they were pre-pandemic. 

You also wont get the unemployment rate to come down until we cut off bonus unemployment.  There are democrats screeching for ANOTHER round of bonus unemployment. 
The unemployment rate has been going down since August of last year.....should be close to 6.0 or under when the statistics come out for May later this month. The stimulus money will dry up soon and you'll see it get closer to 5.0 or under. But don't expect it to get back to 3.5 or thereabouts as some businesses died during COVID and won't be coming back. 
Yeah, inflation is going up. It was 4.2% in April but keep in mind that it was 3.2% back in 2011. But the Fed has abandoned price stability and its time for Congress to kick them in the ass. 

We never have been, the game has always been rigged. Doesn't matter if its 2021 or 1921. Some people understand this better than others,
Who doesn't understand that the game is rigged?  Big difference between not understanding and not being willing to accept the status quo without bitching about it.

I laugh that anybody thinks that their party isn't as equally entrenched in preserving the status quo and that in some way their party is looking out for their best interest or even the best interest of the country or the planet. 
I think a lot of people don't understand the game. Tons. And you can laugh, but its your way of dismissing everything Left saying its 'equal'. Its not equal. Equalling entrenched in their own point of view, sure. Equally entrenched in what's best for the planet? Please. Equally entrenched in what's best for the country? Hardly. 

Its extremely difficult to change the status quo for one reason and one reason only: the extremely wealthy won't allow it. You can decide who panders more to that demographic. 
Bingo. 

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

Please.  Pelosi, shumer, biden, bernie?  They aren't all extremely wealthy?  Soros?  

The extremely wealthy control the game, and all the politicians tend to gravitate towards them, left and right and especially the soft middle.  Anyone who has been in politics as long as Pelosi, schumer, McConnell and all those clowns are completely owned.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

There's maybe .00000000001% difference between red ties and blue ties.  Its absolutely the same people.  They put up democrats and republicans and tell you, you "have a choice".  Its all complete bullshit its the exact same people from the exact same circles doing the exact same thing.
This year so and so gets to be the bad guy.  This time the other side gets to be the bad guy.  They keep us arguing with each other about talking points while they rob us blind. 

Bernie wasn't allowed to get the D nod.
AOC isn't going to change the world. 
Rand Paul isn't getting elected POTUSMike Lee isn't reducing the size of government. 

We might gravitate towards a particular politician or towards an idealism that we think we relate to with them but they all have entire departments of people who's only job it is, is to come up with bullshit that will make you vote for them or donate to their campaign or go on social media and talk shit about their "opponents".  Its all smoke and mirrors to keep us occupied while the rich get richer. 

69.6%

In the fourth quarter of 2020, the share of net wealth in the United States held by the top 10 percent increased slightly from the previous quarter to 69.6 percent.

At the beginning of 1990, this figure stood at 60.5 percent.May 10, 2021

https://www.statista.com/statistics/2994...ed-states/

Median Net Worth:
White Families: $188,200
Black Families:  $24,100
Federal Reserve Survey of Consumer Finances, 2019

Median Income:
White Families: $76,057
Black Families:  $45,438
Source: US Census Bureau, 2019
Unemployment Rates;
White: 5.3%, Black: 9.7% 
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, April 2021

% Population Living in Poverty:
White: 7.3%, Black: 18.8%
Source: US Census Bureau, 2019

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
69.6%

In the fourth quarter of 2020, the share of net wealth in the United States held by the top 10 percent increased slightly from the previous quarter to 69.6 percent. At the beginning of 1990, this figure stood at 60.5 percent.May 10, 2021

Surprised its that low to be honest. Curious what it is in other government type countries. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
69.6%

In the fourth quarter of 2020, the share of net wealth in the United States held by the top 10 percent increased slightly from the previous quarter to 69.6 percent. At the beginning of 1990, this figure stood at 60.5 percent.May 10, 2021

Surprised its that low to be honest. Curious what it is in other government type countries. 
Yah, I would have guessed 75% myself...

This little thread alone is just a micro-cosm of the broader challenges. Distribution of wealth, class disparities, racial disparities, systems in place to quietly (or loudly) derail any changes to said distributions. 

@"purplefaithful" said:
69.6%

wonder where it stood at the beginning of 2020? 

@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

We're not getting back back to 3.5 unemployment anytime soon.  That was at historic lows and can't be expected regardless who is in office. 

I doubt congress will do anything about the Fed.  They are the true rulers or America.  Want a recession.  Dial it up.  Want to inflate stock returns.  Not hard.  We haven't been in control of our destiny in a long long time.
Unemployment down to 5.8% now. Trending the right way.

@"AGRforever" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

We're not getting back back to 3.5 unemployment anytime soon.  That was at historic lows and can't be expected regardless who is in office. 

I doubt congress will do anything about the Fed.  They are the true rulers or America.  Want a recession.  Dial it up.  Want to inflate stock returns.  Not hard.  We haven't been in control of our destiny in a long long time.
Unemployment down to 5.8% now. Trending the right way.
is this true unemployment,  or is this one of those claims based on new unemployment requests,  or based on a study of people actively looking for work?  I have seen some really strange jobless claims over the years that are using some twisted ways to come up with their claims.