Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st round draft pick-Julio Jones
Trade price aside, is there an out baked into his contract? Or is the team who gets him pretty much stuck with him for 3 years?

Julio is a no-doubt Hall of Famer but 3 more years is a long time for a player with that many miles on him.

I could see a team like MIA or IND going after him. For the Vikings I do not think this move would make sense. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Trade price aside, is there an out baked into his contract? Or is the team who gets him pretty much stuck with him for 3 years?

Julio is a no-doubt Hall of Famer but 3 more years is a long time for a player with that many miles on him.

I could see a team like MIA or IND going after him. For the Vikings I do not think this move would make sense. 
there is a potential out after the 2022 season,  IMO that is still to big of a gamble for a 32 year old player coming off an injury at a position that isnt known for its longevity after a player hits their early 30s.

Give me Dede and Atkins and keep our pick.  Julio is great but that's a bit much.  DeDe is a better fit at lower cost plus we have room to sign Atkins to be a rotational BEAST on passing downs, etc.

Guess the Cowboys are out

Quote:SHARPE: You want to go to the Cowboys, Julio? Or do you want to stay in Atlanta?
JONES: I’m out of there man. 
SHARPE: Ideally, where would you like to go? 
JONES: Right now I want to win. 
SHARPE: Well, don’t go to Dallas. You ain’t winning in Dallas, Julio. 
JONES: C’mon man, you already know I know.

No thanks. Signing Fitz for just cash is a much better deal.  

Quote: @RS Express said:
No thanks. Signing Fitz for just cash is a much better deal.  
I agree you dont trade draft picks for a guy who is not in his prime.  Get Fitz for depth and sign a depth edge rusher, another guard and corner. 

Larry Fitzgerald will be 38 years old before the season starts.....I mean, I know Viking's fans love him but I'd rather have someone else in there. 

2nd and  5th

[Image: e416xmw8li9w.gif]

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
2nd and  5th

[Image: e416xmw8li9w.gif]
Still to much,   look at how much of box not having that 2nd rounder put spielman in this years draft.  Hang onto the picks.  I dont see Julio being happy in a role that doesn't make him the primary target on every pass play,  he'd be bitching by October. 

Great player. Don't think its a good fit. Hard pass for me.