Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bashaud Breeland visited the Vikings today.
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@TBro said:
Is he really serious about coming here or is he using us as leverage against KC to get a better deal?
We don't have much cap space until Rudy's money comes off the books in June correct?
Nope. We've got about 6.5 right now, and that's taking rookies into account.
It would be great if we could sign him, but I would also like to see us add another veteran WR because I don't have any faith in Beebe staying healthy, or Bisi becoming a consistent receiving threat in this offense. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I'm not sure if charges were actually filed yet. 
he turned himself in and is out on bond since early april.  you dont have to put up bond unless you are formally charged?
That sounds logical, but...

Again I don't understand the Hughes trade with the Gladney situation up in the air and now bringing in street free agents to address your depth issues. Why trade Hughes? They got virtually a zero return on a first round pick from just three years ago and now you have potential depth issues at the position. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I'm not sure if charges were actually filed yet. 
he turned himself in and is out on bond since early april.  you dont have to put up bond unless you are formally charged?
That sounds logical, but...
mine was a question,   I dont think you do,  but since I am a fine upstanding member of society I have always been ROR'd and dont really remember the whole process since I was usually hung over through that part.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Again I don't understand the Hughes trade with the Gladney situation up in the air and now bringing in street free agents to address your depth issues. Why trade Hughes? They got virtually a zero return on a first round pick from just three years ago and now you have potential depth issues at the position. 
I dont think they were very happy with his play or his ability to stay healthy.  I am also wondering if he may have been pushing for a new contract since his 5th year wasnt picked up,  really not worth the effort based on what we have seen to date.

@supafreak84 said:
I dont think they were very happy with his play or his ability to stay healthy.  I am also wondering if he may have been pushing for a new contract since his 5th year wasnt picked up,  really not worth the effort based on what we have seen to date.
I think he had shown potential when healthy and by all accounts was going to be ready when the season started. He already knew the system and wasn't going to be counted on to start so he was actually a perfect depth guy with high upside. It just didn't make any sense to me with Gladney's situation to move Hughes for essentially a swap of late round picks when he was our 1st round pick three years ago. Now we are scouring free agency for depth. Just a curious decision to move him 

I don't know that they are scouring anything. They certainly don't seem desperate and seem to always be looking for ways to make the team better. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
I think he had shown potential when healthy and by all accounts was going to be ready when the season started. He already knew the system and wasn't going to be counted on to start so he was actually a perfect depth guy with high upside. It just didn't make any sense to me with Gladney's situation to move Hughes for essentially a swap of late round picks when he was our 1st round pick three years ago. Now we are scouring free agency for depth. Just a curious decision to move him 
Hughes hasnt impressed since early in his rookie season.

@supafreak84 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
I'll disagree. I think he's played well in spurts when healthy. The injuries have been unfortunate. My gripe is that we traded a former first round pick for peanuts and have since signed Parry Nickerson and have made an offer to Bashaud Breeland. I think both those guys are a downgrade to a healthy Mike Hughes, who we weren't counting on to start anyways. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
I'll disagree. I think he's played well in spurts when healthy. The injuries have been unfortunate. My gripe is that we traded a former first round pick for peanuts and have since signed Parry Nickerson and have made an offer to Bashaud Breeland. I think both those guys are a downgrade to a healthy Mike Hughes, who we weren't counting on to start anyways. 
hes played so little since his rookie year,  but from my recollection he played really soft coverage,  his hips got really stiff so even with the large cushion he was still getting exposed on deeper routes.  He just seemed last year like he was away from the game/training to much.

EDIT:  I still dont think it was his game or lack of the got him dealt,  there was more to this than simply trying to get a better 7th rounder.  I am guessing his neck isnt 100% like has been reported or his attitude has gone to shit since his 5th years wasnt picked up.