Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Normal. Tourist. Visit.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Wikipedia?

Lol.

Hokay.
maybe you should just make a list of approved media/sources for use on this site?  that way you wont be so burdened with the need to attempt to discredit every source you disagree with?  If it doesnt meet you list of qualified sources I can just ban that poster and all will be fine.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Wikipedia?

Lol.

Hokay.
maybe you should just make a list of approved media/sources for use on this site?  that way you wont be so burdened with the need to attempt to discredit every source you disagree with?  If it doesnt meet you list of qualified sources I can just ban that poster and all will be fine.

How about one where the public can't just update it on a whim? Lol

@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Wikipedia?

Lol.

Hokay.

We talking Wiki or Facebook? The latter is the most trusted news source. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Wikipedia?

Lol.

Hokay.

WTF difference should that make when every source out there is based on whims and slant?  seriously,  how often do we see unsubstantiated tweets used on here to support a position?  or some source that nobody has ever heard of?   Wiki is no more suspect than about any other "source" and thats the real problem with this country.  We arent getting truth we are getting what ever from where ever to support what we want to hear,  not what is really happening.  I would think all the bull shit in the past year would have been evidence enough.   news sources running stories on other news sources as their source... only to find out the one that started the chain of bull shit never really has a source to begin with and the whole fucking dust up was based on a lie,  but the retractions either never come or are so low key that most never find out that what had them so wound up was really nothing at all.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Wikipedia?

Lol.

Hokay.

fuck.. throw,  Fox, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC,  and about any other "news" source into that list.   All we get is unsubstantiated bull shit being passed off as "news" and the masses lap it up as gospel.

@"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Wikipedia?

Lol.

Hokay.

I wonder if there's a Bowling Green Massacre Wikipedia?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Wikipedia?

Lol.

Hokay.

fuck.. throw,  Fox, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC,  and about any other "news" source into that list.   All we get is unsubstantiated bull shit being passed off as "news" and the masses lap it up as gospel.
No, not true. They all aren't exactly the same or consistently as biased as each other. I don't subscribe to that opinion because then its just so easy to say nothing is factual. Some are bigger purveyors of horseshit than others and it can vary how much story by story. I see people so often disregard viewpoints because all 'news is biased'. Pssst, here's a secret: it always has been to some extent. That doesn't mean some don't report the truth or do so more often than others. The degree of bias matters and how consistently they do so. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Wikipedia?

Lol.

Hokay.

No, not true. They all aren't exactly the same or consistently as biased as each other. I don't subscribe to that opinion because then its just so easy to say nothing is factual. Some are bigger purveyors of horseshit than others and it can vary how much story by story. I see people so often disregard viewpoints because all 'news is biased'. Pssst, here's a secret: it always has been to some extent. That doesn't mean some don't report the truth or do so more often than others. The degree of bias matters and how consistently they do so. 
so as long as they get it right some of the time its ok?  or as long as you agree with their slant its acceptable?   I cant stomach fox because I know they arent giving me the whole story,  I cant stomach the rest because the bias in their reporting is equally slanted and revolting.    any story of importance is so skewed it shouldnt constitute news,  it should all be taken as an editorial since none of them will give the complete story.