Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Booger On The Lip Of Democracy
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
[Image: thanks-joe-biden-price-of-steel-lumber-f...C452&ssl=1]
Silly. I keep up with steel prices as a part of my job. The inflation in steel prices is directly tied to a surge in demand and low supply. Mills around the world were shut down due to covid. There is now a sharp increase in demand while prices and lead times have exploded. The market will settle. And this trend was in place before Biden was in office.

Quote: @Nichelle said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Silly. I keep up with steel prices as a part of my job. The inflation in steel prices is directly tied to a surge in demand and low supply. Mills around the world were shut down due to covid. There is now a sharp increase in demand while prices and lead times have exploded. The market will settle. And this trend was in place before Biden was in office.
but lets keep interest rates low pushing that demand.  oh and at the same time lets talk about borrowing trillions more from our grand kids grand kids to put even more stress on the supply chain driving prices even higher.   this is past the covid shut down,  there is to much dumb cheap borrowed money in the market and this current trend will lead to another economic melt down similar to, if not worse than what we saw a littel over a decade ago.  part of recovery is recognizing inflation and taking the necessary action required to slow it down.

how about lumber?  housing shortage in the country,  lumber shortage driving the home prices up drastically (housing bubble?) and one of the first acts was to chop the legs out on the domestic lumber industry by shutting down common sense logging in the national forests... remember this next time we have huge wildfires,  if we dont clean out the forests and create fire lines... mother nature will.

oh and that action to shut down lumber in the national forests.. well that cost people their jobs,  not wealthy business owners like those that profited at record levels due to the covid shut downs,  hard working low income people that worked in the mills and other related jobs.

@JimmyinSD said:
Yes that is part of the issue.  Maybe we should stop the stupidity and get people back to work.  Or pay them to stay home and keep it locked down.

Inflation is real.  

And as far as the title of this thread, I kinda thought it was gonna be ol presidential Joe talking about vaccines . cum.

@JimmyinSD said:
Yup. 

Quote: @greediron said:
@Nichelle said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Yes that is part of the issue.  Maybe we should stop the stupidity and get people back to work.  Or pay them to stay home and keep it locked down.

Inflation is real.  

And as far as the title of this thread, I kinda thought it was gonna be ol presidential Joe talking about vaccines . cum.
To be clear, this is a global/international issue. This is not just related to American workers not being on the job due to covid. The biggest producer of crude steel is China. Then there's the EU and Japan and then the US. The vendors I work with are challenged with supply but that supply issue is worldwide. Considering the severity of covid, I'd say that many worldwide suppliers were justified with their shutdowns.

Or maybe our loss of over a half million lives should be the gold standard?

@greediron said:
@Nichelle said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Inflation is real.  

To be clear, this is a global/international issue. This is not just related to American workers not being on the job due to covid. The biggest producer of crude steel is China. Then there's the EU and Japan and then the US. The vendors I work with are challenged with supply but that supply issue is worldwide. Considering the severity of covid, I'd say that many worldwide suppliers were justified with their shutdowns.

Or maybe our loss of over a half million lives should be the gold standard?
What about the rest?  Lumber?  Wheat?  Food?

and if the lockdowns worked, why are we still having to lockdown.  15 days to slow the spread?  Didn't matter, the virus did what viruses do, spread, infect and in some cases kill.  It is a sad fact.  Good news tho, it cured the flu.

Quote: @greediron said:
yup

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...demic.html
You mean the pandemic impacted California and New York jobs at a higher rate than Utah, Oklahoma and Wyoming? 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
You mean the pandemic impacted California and New York jobs at a higher rate than Utah, Oklahoma and Wyoming? 
dunno, rtfa