Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, This Guy Sounds Pretty Good
EDGE JANARIUS ROBINSON, ROUND 4 (NO. 134), MINNESOTA VIKINGSMany thought that the Vikings would risk taking an edge rusher in the first round as they were linked to Kwity Paye as well as Jaelan Phillips. With both still on the board with the 14th pick, they elected to trade back and stay true to their belief of drafting players at the position on Day 2. The streak of the team not drafting an edge rusher in the opening two rounds since 2005 remains intact, but the trend of selecting athletic prospects with room to grow at the position held true. Robinson fits the exact mold that the team covets, as he’s a lengthy athlete that still needs to be coached on the finer points of the position. There hasn’t been a better coach in the league at developing defensive line talent than defensive coordinator Andre Patterson. His next pupil in a long lineage is the former Florida State product.

From Jordan Reid.

A poor man's Hunter? That'll work. 

Hunter moving to right end perhaps this season…?  

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
Might be an option. I'd think he'd want the marquee position. J Rob at LDE makes sense if he shows out in preseason, but Weatherly might be the favorite. Wonnum will fit in somewhere as well as Jones. Lots of options.

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
Hunters numbers might improve,  but would he be as disruptive?  IMO the QB being able to seem him is as big or bigger threat than having him play from the blind side.  Even when Hunter doesnt get home he creates a problem for offenses by moving the QB off his spot and affecting his timing.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Kentis" said:
Hunters numbers might improve,  but would he be as disruptive?  IMO the QB being able to seem him is as big or bigger threat than having him play from the blind side.  Even when Hunter doesnt get home he creates a problem for offenses by moving the QB off his spot and affecting his timing.

Not sure, but either way Hunter will be a problem for the Red Rider/Fields, Goff, & Love!  :p 

This kids just screams beast on tape to me.  One of my favorite picks, I can see him being a dominating presence on defense for us.  

Quote: @"JR44" said:
This kids just screams beast on tape to me.  One of my favorite picks, I can see him being a dominating presence on defense for us.  
Read Hunter's draft profile, then read Robinson's. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"JR44" said:
When I read Robinson's, I coulda swore they just cut and pasted Hunters.  That was my initial reaction, this is Hunter.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"JR44" said:
When I read Robinson's, I coulda swore they just cut and pasted Hunters.  That was my initial reaction, this is Hunter.
Bingo.

Looks like a poor job of plagiarism. I'm telling ya, this might end up being the best pick we had.