Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Draft Predictions
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Man, I can't put Darrisaw on par with Jenkins. Jenkins is RT only, and probably kicks inside.

Collins is probably an Edge, but I like him like him, a lot.

Have I done a mock without Shi? I'm a Shi guy.

Seth Williams will make that WR list

Charles Snowden will be the modern day Mad Stork
Yeah, probably right tackle, where Darrisaw eventually ends up on the left. I just wish Darrisaw had Jenkins level of nasty. Jenkins is a bad ass. And he's got an extremely powerful upper body and great hands. 

Inside? Maybe, but if that's about arm length, I'll just say this. Everyone sees Sewell as a left tackle, while Slater "might have to move inside" because of his arm length. Same with Jenkins. OK, so here are their arm lengths: 

Sewell - 33.25
Slater - 33
Jenkins - 33.5

Really like Seth Williams too. He spent some time on this list a few weeks ago. 

Quote: @rf54 said:
Bateman as the #1 WR in this draft sounds a lot like Johnson being a late early 2nd round WR last year.  Getting the home town upgrade on the board.  Not saying it isn't possible, just saying it isn't likely.
He's not hometown for me. I've never lived in Minnesota.

No, it's not likely Bateman is the best receiver from this draft, but neither was it likely that Justin Jefferson would be the best receiver in his class after he was the 5th taken. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@rf54 said:
Bateman as the #1 WR in this draft sounds a lot like Johnson being a late early 2nd round WR last year.  Getting the home town upgrade on the board.  Not saying it isn't possible, just saying it isn't likely.

No, it's not likely Bateman is the best receiver from this draft, but neither was it likely that Justin Jefferson would be the best receiver in his class after he was the 5th taken. 
@rf54 said:

solid point

@"BarrNone55" said:
Tom P on NFL network just now: there are 3 QBs likely to go Day 2, Mond, Mills, and Trask. Vikings are one of three teams who have done extra legwork on all three.

Getcha popcorn ready.
I like Mond more, but I'm beginning to think the most underrated player in this draft could be Kyle Trask. Yeah, he's a statue, but there are a lot of pretty good QBs in the NFL that are no more mobile than he is. We have one. 

I haven't watched Mills at all.
Trask is a more mobile Bernie Kosar. He'd be a good distributor, John Stockton.

Harris has a floor of Matt Forte. But the kid from NC will be the best RB.

I feel like if we draft Jenkins, I'd play him at RG.  Move Cleveland to LT, and let O'Neill stay at RT.  I think Jenkins would be an amazing guard.  He'd be a pretty good tackle prospect too, but his movement isn't as good as Sewell or Slater.

Najee HarrisAlabama · RB
Pro comparison: Matt Forte (10 NFL seasons, 235.6 rushing attempts per year, 979.6 rushing yards per year, 5.4 rushing TDs per year, 4.2 yards per attempt, 55.4 receptions per year, 467.2 receiving yards per year)

Watching film of these two players, they look very similar, from the plays they run to the way they catch the ball. Height-wise, they're identical (both measure 6-foot-1 3/8), though Harris does have a weight advantage (235 pounds to 217). Harris hasn't tested, but I would guess his numbers would be similar to Forte's (4.44-second 40-yard dash, 33-inch vertical jump, 9-foot-10 broad jump, 4.23-second short shuttle, 6.84 three-cone). 

Looks like I channeled my inner Gil.

Najee HarrisAlabama · RB
Pro comparison: Matt Forte (10 NFL seasons, 235.6 rushing attempts per year, 979.6 rushing yards per year, 5.4 rushing TDs per year, 4.2 yards per attempt, 55.4 receptions per year, 467.2 receiving yards per year)

Watching film of these two players, they look very similar, from the plays they run to the way they catch the ball. Height-wise, they're identical (both measure 6-foot-1 3/8), though Harris does have a weight advantage (235 pounds to 217). Harris hasn't tested, but I would guess his numbers would be similar to Forte's (4.44-second 40-yard dash, 33-inch vertical jump, 9-foot-10 broad jump, 4.23-second short shuttle, 6.84 three-cone). 

Looks like I channeled my inner Gil.
He'll be a chain mover, but I don't see #1 back in the draft kind of talent. He never breaks anything and that's with driveway size holes he got at Alabama, despite the fact that defenses had to contend with Ruggs, Jeudy, Waddle and Smith. Those holes will get a lot smaller in the NFL. 

Will he be as good as guy? :-) 

Ouch. Harsh.

Ouch. Harsh.
Too harsh?

[Image: trent-richardson-081615-twitter-ftr_ivye...uality=100]