Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And Orlando Brown's new team is......
Well, the dream scenario of swapping firsts and landing Zeus and Rousseau was probably on par with Kate Upton bearing my next batch of children.

So essentially the Chiefs traded less than a round in the draft with their first pick and gave up a 2021 3rd and 4th round pick (and future 5th) for a young stud LT?

Chiefs got a great deal there, even if they have to pay him a big contract.

It's way less than what Houston (or should I say Bill O'Brien) gave up for Tunsil just a short while ago...

With left tackles especially coveted and rarely available this time of year, worth noting: Former #Chiefs Pro Bowl LT Eric Fisher has been talking to numerous teams and is someone to keep an eye on after the draft.

Quote: @VikeMike52 said:
I'd be much happier if they trade up some if Sewell or Slater slide a little. Or just stay put and take Darrisaw or AVT.  I like the idea of getting a good young player on a rookie contract rather than obtaining a pricy veteran that you have to sink a fortune into next year. 
Yes, if we make a that pick, I will be happy.  Zeus was not an ideal fit, needing big money and maybe didn't want to come to Minnesota.

Surprised to see the Ravens trade him to the Chiefs, who they very well might be battling to get to the Super Bowl next season. 

I never really saw it working out in Minnesota when I heard the money he was wanting with a tackle rich draft class on the horizon 

Oneill and OBJ would've cost a ton.

Quote: @Mattyman said:
Oneill and OBJ would've cost a ton.
Any 2 high caliber OTs will cost a ton,  but its that or keep taking OTs high in the draft so you always have at least 1 on a rookie deal.  At least when you have a QB on a huge contract,  and are paying other guys higher end money.

When you think about the money this team needs to spend coming up,  maybe skipping OL in the first isnt a bad idea if one of those top 5 QBs drop so that we can be ready to move on from KC in 2 years and get back to a more manageable deal for at least a couple seasons.  The new TV deal will help,  but really all that is going to do is inflate all contracts so its not likely to create cap relief.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Thuney and Brown in one offseason. Wow.
There's the Chiefs way to manage an OL and then the Vikings way...It's only taken this team 10 years to get to below avg. 

Boy that $477M Mahomes contract sure has hobbled the Chiefs.