Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twins game postponed for non weather reasons
Quote: @mblack said:
Yet someone is dead. But I will not be surprised if the victim is to blame.
Me either. There is body cam footage and audio. Reforms and accountability are needed. 

Looks like a cop that made a unforgivable mistake.  Pulled her gun and thought it was her taser.  Then after realizing she shot him with a gun, dropped her gun.  Unreal

Incompetence and no room for it in a profession with a deadly weapon as a daily tool.

Between the mental fitness, physical fitness, and qualified immunity, this country has a massive need for police reform

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@mblack said:
Me either. There is body cam footage and audio. Reforms and accountability are needed. 
Hmmm, you posted a quote from the BC police chief that the PO grabbed his gun instead of his taser and that it was an accidental shooting.  How can the victim be to blame for the PO's error and action?

Updated:  Wow, saw body cam footage, the PO is in deep doo doo as she should be...  No excuses for her "error". Shooting would not have happened if the gentleman had not jumped back into his car and tried to take off, why did he do that?  

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
@Vikergirl said:
@mblack said:
Hmmm, you posted a quote from the BC police chief that the PO grabbed his gun instead of his taser and that it was an accidental shooting.  How can the victim be to blame for the PO's error and action?
Have you been reading this forum?

The video showed the victim resisting arrest and the police officer definitely thought she had her taser in her hands. I don't know how a police officer, or anyone, can mistake a handgun for a taser...that part is unacceptable.

@AGRforever said:
Why would anyone sign up to be a police officer anymore?  Why even put yourself in that position?
Are you insinuating the officer is the victim here? Please clarify

Do you want me to crosspost from the Floyd thread? 

This question is more a general question though.  With everything going on with law enforcement why even go into it?  Is there not something that could be equally fulfilling with a whole lot less stress?

@IDVikingfan said:
@Vikergirl said:
@mblack said:
Yes, I have been and have since watched the body cam.  He didn't "make her choose the wrong weapon" or did he make her shoot.  He did make a major error.  Based on the timeline, the shooting would never have happened if he hadn't resisted and tried to pull away in the car.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@AGRforever said:
Why would anyone sign up to be a police officer anymore?  Why even put yourself in that position?
Well, if you wanted to murder POC with impunity, it's a good career choice. 

Save it, when you compare violent crimes per police shooting, white people get shot more often then black people.
When you compare all crime committed to police shootings blacks and whites get shot at roughly the same rate per crime. 

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@Vikergirl said:
@mblack said:
Yes, I have been and have since watched the body cam.  He didn't "make her choose the wrong weapon" or did he make her shoot.  He did make a major error.  Based on the timeline, the shooting would never have happened if he hadn't resisted and tried to pull away in the car.
This a fuck up on both sides, period.  He fucked up by trying to run, the PD fucked up by using a firearm instead of a taser.  

Frankly, this should a sobering event for both sides to admit faults and find room to avoid these interactions.