Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome Xavier Woods

Woods, a sixth-round pick in Dallas in 2017, played for new Vikings defensive backs coach Karl Scott at Louisiana Tech in 2015, creating a connection to bring the safety to Minnesota. 

Looking at his highlights, he has a bit of Sendejo in him, even though he's more of a FS and at least prior to last year was decent in coverage. Seems like a good low risk signing to plug a hole at FS. Maybe he thrives in Zimmer's system and gets his career back on track or maybe he can hold the fort while they develop a rookie safety. They still have issues to solve in the trenches, but they've at least tried to stabilize the secondary without burning through draft picks again.

Quote: @"ThunderGod" said:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LK_WBEDP7g4&feature=youtu.be
Agree to disagree

Quote: @"ThunderGod" said:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LK_WBEDP7g4&feature=youtu.be
But, you make a valid point

Quote: @"Tyr" said:
Looking at his highlights, he has a bit of Sendejo in him, even though he's more of a FS and at least prior to last year was decent in coverage. Seems like a good low risk signing to plug a hole at FS. Maybe he thrives in Zimmer's system and gets his career back on track or maybe he can hold the fort while they develop a rookie safety. They still have issues to solve in the trenches, but they've at least tried to stabilize the secondary without burning through draft picks again.

Zimmer's head must have exploded more than once last year with that secondary and DL. I can't believe he was completely on-board with all those db toddlers going into September trying to cover NFL caliber WR's. 

These one year signing's are interesting strategy. I wouldn't characterize it as boom or bust as they have some real younger talent to pair these veterans with.

I'd love to see a MacAlex for example find his footing and be a long-time contributor here.  

Hopefully a Dalvin in the trenches and a healthy Hunter helps the secondary as much as getting new bodies back in the backfield.  

I really don't want to have to witness another Steckel'esque D from the Vikings.