Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Announces New TV Deal
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Make no mistake about it, Amazon getting one of the NFL's exclusive packages is a massive change, probably the biggest one for the league since FOX crashed the party back in the 1990s.
This should surprise nobody...If there was any retailer who could knock the hell out of Walmart, it was going to be Amazon. I think their Prime product is pretty dang good too. That said there is an element of evil empire with them, no doubt. 
Honestly, wish the whole schedule were on Amazon...or something like that. National games would be part of the subscription and regional games would be pay-per view...similar to how you "rent" movies on Amazon now. 

@"BarrNone55" said:
Make no mistake about it, Amazon getting one of the NFL's exclusive packages is a massive change, probably the biggest one for the league since FOX crashed the party back in the 1990s.
This should surprise nobody...If there was any retailer who could knock the hell out of Walmart, it was going to be Amazon. I think their Prime product is pretty dang good too. That said there is an element of evil empire with them, no doubt. 
Absolutely, they become that you can't live with and can't live without. 

Count me as an Amazon hater. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
One thing about all these channels getting involved,  its going to make cutting the satellite cord less appealing when I will have to carry 6 streaming services to get all the channels I want.

Fuckers.
I recommend piracy.

@"BarrNone55" said:
 Amazon just surpassed Walmart as the number 1 apparel retailer in the country. 

Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
One thing about all these channels getting involved,  its going to make cutting the satellite cord less appealing when I will have to carry 6 streaming services to get all the channels I want.

Fuckers.
I recommend piracy.
I won't go there,  that makes me just as bad as the people that are screwing me over.  Thievery is thievery in my book.

Now to get Sunday Ticket off DirecTV and make it available for everyone to stream.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"comet52" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

Fuckers.
I recommend piracy.
I won't go there,  that makes me just as bad as the people that are screwing me over.  Thievery is thievery in my book.
I would see it as more of a grey area which is a longer discussion.  But why do you refer to the NFL putting some games on Amazon as "screwing you over"?  They've had MNF on ESPN for years.  I cut the cord long ago and don't think of that situation as being screwed over.  They found revenue there and went for it.  Just like I found a way to stream MNF if I really can't live without the game or don't feel like sitting in the sports bar that night.  

Quote: @"PurpleCrush" said:
Now to get Sunday Ticket off DirecTV and make it available for everyone to stream.
How much time left on that deal?

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
How much time left on that deal?
Either the end of this year or the next.