Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watson might have other things to worry about
Quote: @StickyBun said:
Jesus, what is going on here?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3112...te-conduct
Wow. Innocent until proven guilty, but you can't ignore 14 lawsuits. Did Watson just go from the biggest trade bait in NFL history to a bright orange jumpsuit? 

Something about this just doesn't sit right. Especially with the total goofballs running the Texans.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Something about this just doesn't sit right. Especially with the total goofballs running the Texans.
Agreed. I hope nothing actually happened and if it did, he needs to right his wrong. There is a part of me that thinks the Texans Owner and Front Office has something to do with this because up until about a month ago all you ever heard was how great of a person Deshaun is. Now, an attorney who is buddy buddy with the Texans owner is leading a giant lawsuit against him. Really fishy timing IMO

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Agreed. I hope nothing actually happened and if it did, he needs to right his wrong. There is a part of me that thinks the Texans Owner and Front Office has something to do with this because up until about a month ago all you ever heard was how great of a person Deshaun is. Now, an attorney who is buddy buddy with the Texans owner is leading a giant lawsuit against him. Really fishy timing IMO
Yup. Dunno any of the facts, but the timing, the suddenness, certainly smell fishy.  Unless these other people were waiting until he got a huge payday to file, the sudden change in his "character" definitely raises some questions.

once is an event
twice is a pattern
Thrice is a trend.

14?

Quote: @Mattyman said:

once is an event
twice is a pattern
Thrice is a trend.

14?
Wanna bet he still gets a big asz contract somewhere? 

A little mea culpa? Via a good agent & pr company? Done deal. 

I'm not racist
I'm not homophobic
I'm not a rapist

I'm just a human being learning from my mistakes...

So are these accusers part of the organization, trainers, or are they, for lack of a better term, independent contractors.  If they are part of the teams training staff, that's one thing, but if he is contracting outside the org. that has other implications.   Kinda like those Payton Manning accusers, but timing looks really suspicious to me. 

Quote: @Mattyman said:

once is an event
twice is a pattern
Thrice is a trend.

14?
A “Baker’s” dozen is 13......a “Watson’s” dozen?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Mattyman said:

once is an event
twice is a pattern
Thrice is a trend.

14?
Wanna bet he still gets a big asz contract somewhere? 

A little mea culpa? Via a good agent & pr company? Done deal. 

I'm not racist
I'm not homophobic
I'm not a rapist

I'm just a human being learning from my mistakes...

yeah, just won't be quite as big as expected.  The NFL will pay lip service, the media will faun over it and since he is talented as all get out, he will continue.  

That is why the Kaepernik bs rang so hollow.  Ray Lewis won the MVP and got paid again and again.  If there is a smidge of talent left, the NFL will exploit it for whatever they can.

There's obviously something to this......what a fucking weirdo:

A massage therapist's story of Deshaun Watson's inappropriate behavior - Sports Illustrated