Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Placeholder For WR Prospects
Quote: @kmillard said:
Would love to grab another top WR this year, but unfortunately with  OL and  DE needs must when the devil drives.
This is a very solid draft for WR prospects. They'll be WRs available on Day 3 that will be upgrades over Bisi or Beebe.

[Image: -3i7Dqak_bigger.jpg]
There are a lot -- A LOT -- of good wide receivers in this class, but I find myself really liking South Dakota State's Cade Johnson

Re-watching Senior Bowl practices and his hands are so good. Not real big (5'11", 184) but put him in the slot and let him return kicks.

[Image: pywQmszZ_normal.jpg]
Michael Giardi
@MikeGiardi
· 19h
Rashod Bateman was getting a lot of buzz from scouts/execs I spoke with over the last couple weeks & that was before he tested as well as he did at his pro day (4.41 40). A couple believe he's the best WR in this draft, better than Chase, Smith or Waddle. Bold.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Michael Giardi
@MikeGiardi
· 19h
Rashod Bateman was getting a lot of buzz from scouts/execs I spoke with over the last couple weeks & that was before he tested as well as he did at his pro day (4.41 40). A couple believe he's the best WR in this draft, better than Chase, Smith or Waddle. Bold.
Ain't nobody better than Chase, who I think is the best player in the draft at any position, but I have been baffled as to why Bateman has been ranked so low. I'd take him over Waddle. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Michael Giardi
@MikeGiardi
· 19h
Ain't nobody better than Chase, who I think is the best player in the draft at any position, but I have been baffled as to why Bateman has been ranked so low. I'd take him over Waddle. 
I'll bring my pea shooter to this gunfight...

You clearly haven't watched enough of K.Pitts...And this coming from an unabashed Roll Tide fan. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Michael Giardi
@MikeGiardi
· 19h
I'll bring my pea shooter to this gunfight...

You clearly haven't watched enough of K.Pitts...And this coming from an unabashed Roll Tide fan. 

NO MORE TEs IN....OK, I won't do it. Pitts might be the most physically gifted receiver in this class, but he's still a TE. You can probably move him all over the field and create ridiculous mismatches, but he's still a TE.  Unless you move him to WR fulltime and tell him he doesn't have to learn pro in-line blocking, then maybe that's another story. Still, I take the guy who's been playing WR since he was in knee pants. 

[Image: P4dY3K8s_normal.jpg]
Jeremy Fowler
@JFowlerESPN
· 10h
Wide receiver Kadarius Toney will be busy leading up to the draft. He's had productive Zoom calls with the #Cardinals and #Lions, and he's got meetings with #WashingtonFootball, #49ers and #Jaguars coming up. A first-round option for teams looking for playmaking.

• Pro Football Focus ranks Alabama WR Jaylen Waddle as the top yards after contact (YAC) wideout in this year's draft class. The 2021 NFL Draft projects to be loaded at the wide receiver position, and Waddle (5'10/182) ranks among the best overall. One area that he excels in is yards after contact as, according to Pro Football Focus, he averaged 10.1 yards per catch after the reception as a junior. Add to that his work as a return man, and the high-end speed, and the positives outweigh the concerns about his size. Waddle is projected to selected in the middle of the first round at the end of the month. 
    SOURCE: Pro Football FocusApr 12, 2021, 6:33 PM ET

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
  • Pro Football Focus ranks Alabama WR Jaylen Waddle as the top yards after contact (YAC) wideout in this year's draft class. The 2021 NFL Draft projects to be loaded at the wide receiver position, and Waddle (5'10/182) ranks among the best overall. One area that he excels in is yards after contact as, according to Pro Football Focus, he averaged 10.1 yards per catch after the reception as a junior. Add to that his work as a return man, and the high-end speed, and the positives outweigh the concerns about his size. Waddle is projected to selected in the middle of the first round at the end of the month. 
    SOURCE: Pro Football FocusApr 12, 2021, 6:33 PM ET
Its not that far-fetched Waddle is there @ 14....And their favorite OL aren't.  That would be an interesting scenario for them to navigate. I'm sure they've game planned for this one. 

That might be there way to re-coup a 2nd rounder.