Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per NFL Teddy staying on PUP
Seriously though. Look at any discussion about Bradford, and it's basically filled with people that are like "Well we have to watch Bradford until Teddy gets back". 

That's the thing that I don't get. 

For my money I am hoping that Bradford is lights out better than anything we have seen from Teddy. Not because I don't like Teddy. But it would be great to have a QB be that good. But I get the sense from a lot of viking fans out there that they are rooting against Bradford because they don't want the possibility of him unseating Teddy to happen. And that's crazy. Maybe saying rooting against him isn't the right way to put it, but definitely a feeling that they don't want anything too good to happen for fear of losing Teddy as the long term answer. Even though we have no idea what Teddy is going to look like when he does make it back. 

And isn't this just what we expect as Vikings fans too? We get a QB controversy without either one of them stinking it up. 

show me another team where the media and fans are all over the QB that isnt starting?? do you see the fans and media gushing all over the back up QB in GB?  Heck I don't even know who the backup is?   Maybe if Bradford Tweeted he would be better liked???   that is just sad... 

It seems that everyone thinks being a Teddy fan means you HATE sleeves. I am a Teddy fan and believe the guy (who was going INTO his 3rd year) was about to make a huge jump as a QB and had showed a lot as a young QB. I thought this kid was about to do a ton for this franchise because he was accurate, mobile, a winner, and a leader.
By saying this I am not downing on Sleeves, I do support Sleeves and will, because yes, he is my team's QB; however, I think Teddy has more upside (being 4 years younger than Sleeves). I would like to see Teddy come back healthy, for both his own purposes and my team's. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Shocking...

Wink 
Great post... real deep thinking right there...

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
Seriously though. Look at any discussion about Bradford, and it's basically filled with people that are like "Well we have to watch Bradford until Teddy gets back". 

For my money I am hoping that Bradford is lights out better than anything we have seen from Teddy. Not because I don't like Teddy. But it would be great to have a QB be that good. But I get the sense from a lot of viking fans out there that they are rooting against Bradford because they don't want the possibility of him unseating Teddy to happen. And that's crazy. Maybe saying rooting against him isn't the right way to put it, but definitely a feeling that they don't want anything too good to happen for fear of losing Teddy as the long term answer. Even though we have no idea what Teddy is going to look like when he does make it back. 

And isn't this just what we expect as Vikings fans too? We get a QB controversy without either one of them stinking it up. 
THIS ^^^^^^^  EXACTLY!!!!!    seems like people want the team to suck so Teddy can a chance to be the starter again.... absolutely befuddles me  I guess people want to be "that guy" who can say "I told you"  

Ok so that's something that we can actually discuss. Was he accurate? Career 64.9% Completion which is just about at the 65% that you want to use as a baseline for defining a good QB. Not great but good. However, he was anything but accurate downfield. Much of his completion percentage is due to short passes. His average pass yardage is something like 7.3 yards. Not bad, but not great and consider he has a head coach that prefers his offense be a ball control offense. Much of that is is likely that it was the product of the offense he has to work with. I'll give him that. However he had 14 touchdowns both years starting with 9 and 12 interceptions to boot. The reality is that he was a very average quarterback. He had moments of excitement in the 4th quarters, but he had some really mediocre to bad moments the first 3 quarters of games. And maybe some of that was likely due to them wanting to bring him along slowly. It is what it is. It is unknown. 

I watched him at camp his third year. His short to intermediate were sharp. Very sharp, but the majority of his long throws still left a lot to be desired. And yes I remember the long throw he had in the preseason. But the reality is that he was a middle of the road QB that MAY have been ready to take a step. Or maybe he was just looking like he was taking a step in preseason. It's unknown. 

The one thing that I don't think he needs.... At all. Is the world to be put on his shoulders on his return whenever that may be. There are fans that it sure seems they think he will undoubtedly lead this team to the promise land. And really he doesn't deserve that kind of pressure. 

and here we are once again debating the ability to support Sam and Teddy both without being pigeon holed into one or the others jock sniffing camp.

Nice talk guys,  Im out.

Quote: @Mike Olson said:

Never gonna root against a Viking succeeding while he is a viking.  That would be absurd IMO.  I want Sam to succeed and Teddy to get healthy and then let the FO figure out who to keep.  Would be great to have 2 NFL starting QBs. 

So whether it is rooting against sam or denegrating teddy, I don't care for it.  But it does go both ways.  Some are skeptical that Sam can win and that is reasonable.  Some are skeptical that Teddy can recover fully and even that he will be good when he recovers.  That is reasonable as well.  But saying the either or is unreasonable because SAM or because TEDDY is just stupid IMO. 

To be fair, the connection to Teddy had more time to develop so I get the love there. I do not get any hate towards Sam though. It's all over Twitter and it makes no sense.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Mike Olson said:

Never gonna root against a Viking succeeding while he is a viking.  That would be absurd IMO.  I want Sam to succeed and Teddy to get healthy and then let the FO figure out who to keep.  Would be great to have 2 NFL starting QBs. 

So whether it is rooting against sam or denegrating teddy, I don't care for it.  But it does go both ways.  Some are skeptical that Sam can win and that is reasonable.  Some are skeptical that Teddy can recover fully and even that he will be good when he recovers.  That is reasonable as well.  But saying the either or is unreasonable because SAM or because TEDDY is just stupid IMO. 
No and I should clarify I am not singling out any one individual. It's just a general feeling that I get from the fan base because I've heard it. I've read it. A lot. 

I think there is a lot of this type of mentality out there from people on any number of subjects. This good. That bad.