Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre Draft Conversations
Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
Chauncey was a very solid player last year, especially next to Daviyon. Phil Parker is one of the best Defensive Coaches in college football so hopefully he prepared him to be a nice fill in guy in the NFL
So, not Jaleel like?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
Chauncey was a very solid player last year, especially next to Daviyon. Phil Parker is one of the best Defensive Coaches in college football so hopefully he prepared him to be a nice fill in guy in the NFL
So, not Jaleel like?
Sheesh, let's hope he's not like Jaleel. Thought he would have been better than what he is

@Hawkvike25 said:
So, not Jaleel like?
I would say Gholston is kind of the opposite of Jaleel.  He came into Iowa lightly regarded, but built himself into a versatile player who now has well-rounded talent and a big motor.  Johnson came in as a four star and under-performed until his senior year.  I think he fits nicely around round four.  I think they’ll have interest in The TE Beyer on Day 3, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they look at the RB Sargent as a priority FA to possibly fill Boone’s spot.  

If Beyer's anything but a UDFA the team that drafted him needs to be slapped.  The year after Fant and Hockenson were drafted, Beyer got beat out by true freshman Sam LaPorta.  Do you know how lousy you have to be as a junior under Ferentz to sit behind a freshman? 

18 CAREER catches.  That's how lousy.

Quote: @RS Express said:
If Beyer's anything but a UDFA the team that drafted him needs to be slapped.  The year after Fant and Hockenson were drafted, Beyer got beat out by true freshman Sam LaPorta.  Do you know how lousy you have to be as a junior under Ferentz to sit behind a freshman? 

Haha this is a funny post. Sam LaPorta is going to be the next great Iowa Tight End...Shaun came in as a VERY raw TE. Sure, Sam passed him but the QB play last year was insanely rocky that everyone's numbers were down. 

George Kittle only had 48 career receptions at Iowa yet he turned out ok, huh? Beyer will likely go undrafted but drafting him in the 6th or 7th round would be fine as he could be a nice backup TE in the NFL

Tweet
See new Tweets
Tweet
[Image: -O3e24r8_bigger.jpg]
An update on #Auburn WR Anthony Schwartz, who ran a blazing 4.26. He's recently met with the #Rams, #Bills, #Bengals, #Lions, #Vikings, #Ravens, #Cowboys & #Cardinals.

Previously reported: #Patriots, #Seahawks, #Steelers, #Jets, #Chargers, #Colts, #Saints and #Titans.

Tweet
See new Tweets
Tweet
[Image: -O3e24r8_bigger.jpg]
An update on #Auburn WR Anthony Schwartz, who ran a blazing 4.26. He's recently met with the #Rams, #Bills, #Bengals, #Lions, #Vikings, #Ravens, #Cowboys & #Cardinals.

Previously reported: #Patriots, #Seahawks, #Steelers, #Jets, #Chargers, #Colts, #Saints and #Titans.
One of those six 3rd and 4th rounders will be our WR3. Curious what people think we need. Slot? Size for red zone knowing we lost Rudy? Field stretching speed? I've been gravitating toward the slot/returner types, but I can see an argument for each. 

Honestly, anything with one usable skill. No more Beebe or Bisi.

Quote:
https://247sports.com/college/iowa/Artic...162979967/

@Hawkvike25 said:
@RS Express said:

Haha this is a funny post. Sam LaPorta is going to be the next great Iowa Tight End...Shaun came in as a VERY raw TE. Sure, Sam passed him but the QB play last year was insanely rocky that everyone's numbers were down. 

George Kittle only had 48 career receptions at Iowa yet he turned out ok, huh? Beyer will likely go undrafted but drafting him in the 6th or 7th round would be fine as he could be a nice backup TE in the NFL

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@RS Express said:

It is a funny post.  I will start out with I am a biased Hawkeye fan, but Beyer is the definition of a future steal, that also has a pretty high floor as one of the best zone blocking TE's available.  He was at the top of the list of PFF TE's this year in terms of blocking, and there is a whole lot of upside for him in the passing game.  He was no more of a backup to LaPorta, than Fant was to Hockenson.   Beyer saw the field more than Fant did comparatively.  I've also heard that more than 20 teams have been in contact with him, one of them being the Vikings, so there's that.  Not saying he couldn't go undrafted, but I'm guessing he'll be a 6th rounder when all is said and done.  The reason his numbers weren't great are numerous, but let's say QB limitations, better WR talent, and some OC play calling in Iowa City all contributed to some degree.