Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings after Geno?
Hes due 11.7 and 13 over rthe last 2 years of his deal and is showing all the signs of massive age decline so at best a part time player.  I like him as a FA pick up but no way would I part with even one of those newly created 8th round picks to take on that contract for a player on the precipice of collapse.

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
@Bullazin said:
@MaroonBells said:
I believe "NFLRumors" knows about as much as a magic 8 ball, but this does make perfect sense. In fact, it sorta makes me wonder if the Bengals weren't going to release Geno and then changed their mind when they heard how much interest the Vikings had....

https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/13691...01446?s=20

lets hope there is life here. im thinking vikes are offering a late 4th
Let's not get carried away here. The rumor is that the Bengals are going to release him anyway. I would offer our 7th, but knowing how much Rick loves those 7th round picks, I'd offer our 6th. If possible I'd offer the 6th round comp pick that were supposed to get. Smile
Tough call on trade value. On one side, you have a 33 year old player with a $14.5M cap hit who was hurt last year and was rumored to be released. On the other, you have an extraordinarily durable, 8X Pro Bowler who, in one move, would instantly "FIX" Zimmer's defense. It's worth a little just to keep him from the open market, and teams with more cap space. 

I'm fairly certain NFL Rumors would say the Vikings have interest on every defensive player for the Bengals. I saw the same thing for William Jackson

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
@Bullazin said:
@MaroonBells said:
I believe "NFLRumors" knows about as much as a magic 8 ball, but this does make perfect sense. In fact, it sorta makes me wonder if the Bengals weren't going to release Geno and then changed their mind when they heard how much interest the Vikings had....

https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/13691...01446?s=20

lets hope there is life here. im thinking vikes are offering a late 4th
Let's not get carried away here. The rumor is that the Bengals are going to release him anyway. I would offer our 7th, but knowing how much Rick loves those 7th round picks, I'd offer our 6th. If possible I'd offer the 6th round comp pick that were supposed to get. Smile
I get it but a 4th seems like a steal for Geno if he’s not broken

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Hes due 11.7 and 13 over rthe last 2 years of his deal and is showing all the signs of massive age decline so at best a part time player.  I like him as a FA pick up but no way would I part with even one of those newly created 8th round picks to take on that contract for a player on the precipice of collapse.
Yep, trading for him would not make sense, especially when the Vikings are already over the cap. If he's release and they can get him on a team friendly deal, then I'd be fine with him for a year or two while they develop another 3T. His shoulder is a big concern. Maybe he bounces back or maybe he's a rotational player at this stage.

I can;t pin my Fandom hopes on a 33 year old  high priced DT coming off a serious injury.

With the salary cap frozen til 2023 this move doesn't make sense.

Sorta like the Ngakoue trade,  =Bad Move

[Image: fd59s1pei7lx.gif]
Nothin to see here, I’m sure a restructure would have to be included...! 

Quote: @Mattyman said:
I can;t pin my Fandom hopes on a 33 year old  high priced DT coming off a serious injury.

Ngakoue was a good move....until we lost Hunter.

The cap isn't frozen at all. It will go up significantly in 2022 due to the TV contract. And then again in 2023.

There have been two DTs at the top of the NFL for the last several years. One of them is Geno Atkins. You want Geno Atkins. Not sure if we can move enough money to afford him, but you should want him. A lot. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Mattyman said:

The cap isn't frozen at all. It will go up significantly in 2022 due to the TV contract. And then again in 2023.

There have been two DTs at the top of the NFL for the last several years. One of them is Geno Atkins. You want Geno Atkins. Not sure if we can move enough money to afford him, but you should want him. A lot. 
was it though?   there was a lot of scuttle about him not wanting to play within Zims D and doing his own thing... that wasnt going to last long even if Hunter was available.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Mattyman said:

was it though?   there was a lot of scuttle about him not wanting to play within Zims D and doing his own thing... that wasnt going to last long even if Hunter was available.
Never heard that from a credible source.