Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wentz To Colts
Eagles just ate $33.8MM of dead cap with this trade. Lolz Fly Eagles Fly

Philly thought Wentz was comparable to Stafford but he was actually more like Goff. =)

Wentz also gets a great offensive line to work with.

How about this...Pass block win rates for 2020 (rankings 10-15):

10) Raiders 60.3%

11) EAGLES 59.8% 
12) Colts 59.7 %

13) Patriots 58.9%

14) WFT 58.9%

15) Bears 57.5 %

If Wentz stays healthy then it'll be a first and a third. That's not a bad haul for Philly considering his contract and the fact he was terrible last year.
The Colts are in a weird spot. They're "a good QB away" from being a legit contender, but it just shows how hard it is to require said player. Rivers last year was a desperation move and Wentz this year feels even moreso. Maybe it works out and it's probably their best option at the moment, but Wentz is far from a sure thing.
If anything the Colts predicament is further proof that you can have lots of talent but if you don't have the QB... good luck.

Are we wtf??

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I knew there was no way they were getting a 1st rounder. 
It kinda looks like they might, with the stated conditions in the deal.

Much more along the lines of what I thought Stafford would go for.  I'm still blown away by what the Lions were able to get for him

Eh, I was really hoping the Bears would give up some quality picks so that I could watch them turn into a dumpster fire. Then again, maybe they go back to the Mitch Man.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@StickyBun said:
I knew there was no way they were getting a 1st rounder. 
This is lower than expected. Add to that the cap hit. Man, they really wanted him gone in the worst way. Bears supposedly had 2 seconds on the table with Foles returning to Philly.

For those wondering, the GF is thrilled to be done with Wentz.
Wouldn't that Bears offer be better than the Colts'? The likelihood of getting a 1st in '22 must be pretty high and trumped the Bears' offer.