Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chauvin copped a plea? Billy Barr said no
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
In LA the poverty isnt very hidden...Villages of tent cities. At least it was like that pre-covid. I haven't visited my kid there in about a year now  :/
never been,  nor ever plan on being to.  ive been to palm desert/la quinta area and that was enough of socal for me.  I would like to visit northern Cali at some point though.   sucks what this virus has done to families.

Like any big city in USA, LA has it's good and bad. SoCal has some gorgeous areas and with enough $? You could live there, love the ocean, the weather - never the traffic. We actually liked Pasadena quite a bit. I'm waiting for @VG83 to weigh-in lol! 

We've thought about relocating, but are probably more snowbird people ourselves. We just love the change of seasons too much which always puts Colorado near the top of the heap for us.

If grandkids come around the calculus changes though. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Like any big city in USA, LA has it's good and bad. SoCal has some gorgeous areas and with enough $? You could live there, love the ocean, the weather - never the traffic. We actually liked Pasadena quite a bit. I'm waiting for @VG83 to weigh-in lol! 

We've thought about relocating, but are probably more snowbird people ourselves. We just love the change of seasons too much which always puts Colorado near the top of the heap for us.

If grandkids come around the calculus changes though. 
VG83 is commuting from Hawaii for his job and moved his family early to escape southern cali,   I dont know that you need to know more than that.  =)

and yes grandkids are a big swing in plans for me as well.    both of my kids are grown and on their own,  one lives 10 minutes from us and the other is 2 hours,  but either of them could relocate at anytime and if they started giving me grandkids to take hunting and fishing in my golden years.. .well that will certainly affect my plans.