Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winfield int
Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@JR44 said:
Happy for Antoine SR, but Antoine JR needs to learn to play the game the right way like his dad did with class and character.  He is nothing like his dad in that department, seems like he has a lot of growing up to do.  
You're mad about a little swagger in the biggest game of his life. He held up two fingers, it's not like he's out there trying to hurt people with excessive hits. What he did was fine
I don't remember people being mad about Tyreek Hill at the time. The commentators were like he is so amazing. A Super Bowl win as a rookie. Wow just wow. The Chiefs made some boneheaded plays and took some stupid penalties. Too bad Mahomes wasn't 100% but Tampa's defense was awesome.
They werent, this type of stuff is a part of the game just like yelling "And 1" when you dunk on someone or a bat flip when you smash a home run. It's ok to talk smack...especially when it's holding up two fingers to a guy who did it to you during the regular season

AWJ is going to be a leader on D for the Bucs, ala Lynch.

It was forged by how he was raised by his old man and experiences with the Gophers on and off the field too.

Just give it some time. 

its not one game for AWj,   he has shown to have more jawing and attitude in his game than his dad did.  Ive watched him a few games this year and noticed the same.  He plays with a diva attitude at times,  and likes to show how tough he is after the whistle a fair amount as well.   Definitely didnt get it from his old man,  who was one of the classiest players to ever put on the horns. 

He is legit. He straight up was a baller at the U of MN and he is carrying it on. I was so pissed we didn't get him. I enjoy watching him play. 

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@JR44 said:
Happy for Antoine SR, but Antoine JR needs to learn to play the game the right way like his dad did with class and character.  He is nothing like his dad in that department, seems like he has a lot of growing up to do.  
You're mad about a little swagger in the biggest game of his life. He held up two fingers, it's not like he's out there trying to hurt people with excessive hits. What he did was fine
He got a 15 yard personal foul penalty on the play, so obviously it was a big deal and it was a lot more than a little swagger.  Had it been a close game, he could have cost his team.  Going into a guys face like that, especially up big like that was just a classless move and he rightfully got called out for it.  If that was a Packer doing that to Jefferson, no one here would be defending it.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@JR44 said:
He got a 15 yard personal foul penalty on the play, so obviously it was a big deal and it was a lot more than a little swagger.  Had it been a close game, he could have cost his team.  Going into a guys face like that, especially up big like that was just a classless move and he rightfully got called out for it.  If that was a Packer doing that to Jefferson, no one here would be defending it.  
Jefferson wouldnt have planted the flag in the first place that AWj was responding to... and if a Packer held up the peace sign we would just assume he was counting to 3 and got confused.

Quote: @JR44 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@JR44 said:
He definitely did it because they were up so much. He likely doesnt do that in a close game. Again, I have no problem with holding up a peace sign to a cocky player who did that to you earlier in the season. I have no dog in the fight which is why I like it. Do I hate it when guys bat flip a homer on the Twins? Of course but it's because I am more mad they we gave up a home run. Jawing is a part of the game

What ever happened to being the bigger person?  I think it is more and more rare with the modern athlete and todays "Twitterverse".  Winfield Jr. said on the podium he "had to" do it because of what Hill did in the earlier game -- no you didn't.  Let your play speak for you, or at least confine your comments to where you are not getting personal foul penalties.  Love Winfield (the Viking), but thought Junior looked petty and bush league sticking his fingers in Hill's face.

AWJ got called for it and it was the right call at the time imo. 

Doesn't make him a thug though. We see a lot more egregious things going on with players than what we saw last night from Winfield. 

Quote: @Purpleblooded said:
What ever happened to being the bigger person?  I think it is more and more rare with the modern athlete and todays "Twitterverse".  Winfield Jr. said on the podium he "had to" do it because of what Hill did in the earlier game -- no you didn't.  Let your play speak for you, or at least confine your comments to where you are not getting personal foul penalties.  Love Winfield (the Viking), but thought Junior looked petty and bush league sticking his fingers in Hill's face.
it would have been better if he had used the peace sign in all his post game interviews and pictures and shit... keep the game clean,  but that his shots in a more casual way.  It would have gotten back to Hill and would have stung a lot worse than on the field IMO.