Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stafford traded to Rams for Goff, picks...
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
That is an insane amount for Matthew Stafford, given his age, contract and injury history. I can't even fathom what Watson will bring. 

I think the perception that his team has held him back is probably what made Stafford so hotly pursued. And there's probably a lot of truth to that. 

Still, two 1sts, a 3rd and a starting QB? To a team with the #3 overall pick? The Lions could get a lot better very quickly. 

Mah...who'm I kidding. It's the Lions. 
I think this means someone is going to get a bargain for Watson in comparison,  because there is no way anybody pays more than 3 firsts amd some mod round picks/mid level players for him....is there?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
That is an insane amount for Matthew Stafford, given his age, contract and injury history. I can't even fathom what Watson will bring. 

I think the perception that his team has held him back is probably what made Stafford so hotly pursued. And there's probably a lot of truth to that. 

Still, two 1sts, a 3rd and a starting QB? To a team with the #3 overall pick? The Lions could get a lot better very quickly. 

I think this means someone is going to get a bargain for Watson in comparison,  because there is no way anybody pays more than 3 firsts amd some mod round picks/mid level players for him....is there?
Mike Lynn has left the building......

Chris Spielman is starting off strong as GM for the Lions. If they roll with Goff at QB and trade back from pick 7... they could have a boat load of future high round draft picks.

Chris Spielman is starting off strong as GM for the Lions. If they roll with Goff at QB and trade back from pick 7... they could have a boat load of future high round draft picks.

My question is,... out of the teams making strong offers for Stafford (49ers, Panthers, Colts, Broncos, Washington) would any of them turn their focus to Cousins since he is a "comp type" player to Stafford?

@MaroonBells said:

I’m not so sure on that. those extra picks were definitely to get rid of Goff’s contract but Deshaun will require at least 2 maybe 3 first round picks. Let the games begin

Its the niners on line one with the same offer for Cousins ( except replacing goff with garapolol)   any takers ....besides me?

Its the niners on line one with the same offer for Cousins ( except replacing goff with garapolol)   any takers ....besides me?
Kirk's a far better QB than many give him credit for....but you take that deal in a skinny minute.

I'm sorry, that is an insane haul for Stafford...

Zimmer has said it's the worst defense he has coached. If it's going to take him two or three years to rebuild it... Rick might as well take a first round pick for Cousins while the market is hot.