Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rudy To IR, Hinton Called Up
Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Sounds like we might see some Kyle Hinton on Sunday. Vikings protected him a couple of weeks ago and then activated him this week. Not aware of an injury that is forcing this, so guessing they want to see him in game action ala Udoh last year. 

Love to see this lineup against the Lions:
O'Neill - Hinton - Bradbury - Cleveland - Udoh

If I never see Dozier play again it'll be too soon. 
Totally agree this is definitely the lineup the team should evaluate. That said, if you play O'Neill in a meaningless game where there is risk of injury, do we risk ticking him off as he enters the last year of his contract, as happened with Mac Alexander? I guess they have to make sure Brian's OK with it...he may relish the chance to show he can handle LT.

PS: I had never heard of Kyle Hinton before he was drafted, but immediately hoped he was related to Chris Hinton, the great lineman who finished his career here...but he is not. 
No, Kyle's not related to Chris, but 4.8 forty, 34 reps, and some pretty ridiculous tape out there put him on a lot of sleeper lists before the draft.

What's interesting to me is that the Vikings protected him, then activated him over Aviante Collins, the player they activated earlier in the year to provide depth when Cleveland went down. Guessing, for better or worse, they already know what they have in Collins and want to see what they have in the rookie. 

No, O'Neill should not play long wherever he plays. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Sounds like we might see some Kyle Hinton on Sunday. Vikings protected him a couple of weeks ago and then activated him this week. Not aware of an injury that is forcing this, so guessing they want to see him in game action ala Udoh last year. 

Love to see this lineup against the Lions:
O'Neill - Hinton - Bradbury - Cleveland - Udoh

If I never see Dozier play again it'll be too soon. 
Totally agree this is definitely the lineup the team should evaluate. That said, if you play O'Neill in a meaningless game where there is risk of injury, do we risk ticking him off as he enters the last year of his contract, as happened with Mac Alexander? I guess they have to make sure Brian's OK with it...he may relish the chance to show he can handle LT.

PS: I had never heard of Kyle Hinton before he was drafted, but immediately hoped he was related to Chris Hinton, the great lineman who finished his career here...but he is not. 
No, Kyle's not related to Chris, but 4.8 forty, 34 reps, and some pretty ridiculous tape out there put him on a lot of sleeper lists before the draft.

What's interesting to me is that the Vikings protected him, then activated him over Aviante Collins, the player they activated earlier in the year to provide depth when Cleveland went down. Guessing, for better or worse, they already know what they have in Collins and want to see what they have in the rookie. 

No, O'Neill should not play long wherever he plays. 

I had a lot of hope for Aviante but I think his multiple injuries have held back his development and the Vikings may have decided he won't develop. He's the Greg Childs of our OL.

They might have just elevated him to keep him from being pilfered, ala Alexander Hollins... 

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
They might have just elevated him to keep him from being pilfered, ala Alexander Hollins... 
That is also very possible. This is the time of year when a lot of that pilfering happens. But I think they could've just kept him protected. Teams can designate 4 "protected" players on their practice squad that other teams can't touch. He was put on that list about a week before activating him.