Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head Coach candidates if we decide to move on
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
This defense is brutally bad and the OL aint stout enough when it matters...

Hard to lay all of that @ Olde Zimm's feet imo. 

But I am ready to move on - just not sure to whom yet. 
He won't get out of the way on defense and offense. Adapt or die. 

Zimmer will be HC next year, time to fixate on other issues folks

[Image: vcsjokvsy444.jpeg]

Bring in Fudd...! 
Wink B)  

3 things stood out:

1. The clock mgmt at the end of the first half was terrible. There’s no other word to describe it. 
2. We burned a timeout early in the 2H on 3rd and 1 in the redzone because our coaches weren’t prepared.
3. Our 2 minute drill is atrocious, per usual. 

I’m not even mentioning a bunch of other things because the Saints are a good team. But all 3 of these things— especially 1 and 2– are something that should 1000% NOT be happening with Zimmer having coached for going on a decade. I’m sure he has a million things going on in his head and in his ears during the game but the clock management is so bad it’s infuriating. 

Mike Zimmer is a good coach who I’m pretty sure will never be a great one. Kirk Cousins is in that same boat.

It might be time to strive for better.

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
Zimmer will be HC next year, time to fixate on other issues folks
Great! another 8-8 ceiling to look forward to!!

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
3 things stood out:

1. The clock mgmt at the end of the first half was terrible. There’s no other word to describe it. 
2. We burned a timeout early in the 2H on 3rd and 1 in the redzone because our coaches weren’t prepared.
3. Our 2 minute drill is atrocious, per usual. 

I’m not even mentioning a bunch of other things because the Saints are a good team. But all 3 of these things— especially 1 and 2– are something that should 1000% NOT be happening with Zimmer having coached for going on a decade. I’m sure he has a million things going on in his head and in his ears during the game but the clock management is so bad it’s infuriating. 

Mike Zimmer is a good defensive coordinator who I’m pretty sure will never be a great one. Kirk Cousins is in that same boat.

It might be time to strive for better.
fixed it for you

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
This defense is brutally bad and the OL aint stout enough when it matters...

Hard to lay all of that @ Olde Zimm's feet imo. 

But I am ready to move on - just not sure to whom yet. 
Thats the thing.  Fitzgerald and Roman are the only 2 on that list that intrigue me and i dont think either one is better than Zim. So if is simply fresh blood?  meh...

Kubes i would be down for but he wont do it unless Clint is the OC, prolly not even then. 

Zimmer should get one more year with at least average talent on d , He and Speilly are locked at the hip with Cousins anyway 

I'll leave that up to the new GM!

25. Minnesota Vikings: 6-9 (Last week: 17)
Will Mike Zimmer be back in 2021? Every team has battled COVID-19 and injuries. Minnesota has done it poorly.

Quote: @"minny65" said:
25. Minnesota Vikings: 6-9 (Last week: 17)
Will Mike Zimmer be back in 2021? Every team has battled COVID-19 and injuries. Minnesota has done it poorly.
Which team spent the year replacing 8 starters from the prior year's D?