Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stafford
Quote: @mblack said:
@MaroonBells said:
Right system and supporting cast and he could really explode. But where are the contenders who need a QB? I could see Patriots, 49ers and Colts maybe. 
The two teams he should not go to from a vikes fan standpoint... Bears and 49ers. The team I wish he could go to... Patroits. It would be a good place for each other
from memory, hasnt Stafford struggled outdoors in inclement weather?  I have to think the Bears and Pats would see more than their fair share of shit weather for their home games and even divisional games,   I wonder also about a teams like the Saints if Brees decides to hang them up?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@MaroonBells said:
Right system and supporting cast and he could really explode. But where are the contenders who need a QB? I could see Patriots, 49ers and Colts maybe. 
The two teams he should not go to from a vikes fan standpoint... Bears and 49ers. The team I wish he could go to... Patroits. It would be a good place for each other
from memory, hasnt Stafford struggled outdoors in inclement weather?  I have to think the Bears and Pats would see more than their fair share of shit weather for their home games and even divisional games,   I wonder also about a teams like the Saints if Brees decides to hang them up?
Saints always land on their feet. Loomis and those effers are a model org which makes me puke. Theresno doubt they will identify and  sign a top tier QB

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@MaroonBells said:
Saints always land on their feet. Loomis and those effers are a model org which makes me puke. Theresno doubt they will identify and  sign a top tier QB
Looks like I have to add the Saints to the list. That sucks. 
@JimmyinSD - You are on to something with weather

@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@MaroonBells said:
Not in terms of cap management. They've been kicking the Brees can down the road year after year and that bill is coming due.

For example, if DB retires after this year, which he almost has to do to keep the Saints afloat financially, he will count $23M in dead money against the cap. You can't afford that hit AND a Stafford salary AND pay Kamara (among others) AND cover what was already $243M in '21 cap costs on a cap that is estimated to be less than $180M. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@MaroonBells said:
Always?? Nice run since 2006, but prior to getting Brees they were the picture of futility. Maybe it's Payton and he will keep them strong regardless, but having a multi-decade HOFer at QB is quite a luxury. We'll see.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@Bullazin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@MaroonBells said:
Always?? Nice run since 2006, but prior to getting Brees they were the picture of futility. Maybe it's Payton and he will keep them strong regardless, but having a multi-decade HOFer at QB is quite a luxury. We'll see.
I would have bet a lot of $$ Payton was going to end-up in Dallas...Hell, he still might. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@MaroonBells said:
Saints always land on their feet. Loomis and those effers are a model org which makes me puke. Theres no doubt they will identify and  sign a top tier QB
Saints are already  95 million over the cap for 2021.