Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stefanski or Zimmer Poll
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Raise your hand if you don't think Cleveland had a talented roster when Stefanski took over? Anyone?? (looking but see no hands).
They did, no doubt. Really good weapons. One of the best lines in the league. But they've had a playoff roster for a couple years now and no one before could make it work.  

The biggest thing has been Mayfield's progression. Is it natural 3rd year growth that would've happened anyway? Or is some of it due to Stefanski? 
I would also say there is a culture shift. There has been such a losing mindset for so long that once the shift happened, the attitude and performance changed. There is stability there now after a boatload of chaos. Good for them. 

if Stefanski wins the Superbowl,it'd make   sense, in a 2020 twisted  Viking Fandom kinda way.

I can't lie. I was hoping that Stefanski would be around for another year at least, with Kubiak staying on as an advisor/consultant. Kudos to the Browns for getting him. But I'm not sure the results would be much different if he was HC here, almost like comparing apples to oranges.

Quote: @"PurpleCrush" said:
I can't lie. I was hoping that Stefanski would be around for another year at least, with Kubiak staying on as an advisor/consultant. Kudos to the Browns for getting him. But I'm not sure the results would be much different if he was HC here, almost like comparing apples to oranges.
Who knows. But Stefanski is offense minded so that is different. There have been several OC issues under Zimmer and that probably wouldn't be the case under Stefanski.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
Who knows. But Stefanski is offense minded so that is different. There have been several OC issues under Zimmer and that probably wouldn't be the case under Stefanski.
How many OC's has he had so far, 5 or so? Stefanski and Shurmur both got HC jobs, and from everything I've read it appears that Zimmer was good with them, as he is with Kubiak. The other two were Turner & DeFilippo. By all accounts DeFilippo ignored the run game against Zimmer's wishes (I think this was Cousins first year with the Vikes) which led to him getting the boot. As for Turner, that's one I really don't know what happened behind the scenes.

Quote: @"PurpleCrush" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
How many OC's has he had so far, 5 or so? Stefanski and Shurmur both got HC jobs, and from everything I've read it appears that Zimmer was good with them, as he is with Kubiak. The other two were Turner & DeFilippo. By all accounts DeFilippo ignored the run game against Zimmer's wishes (I think this was Cousins first year with the Vikes) which led to him getting the boot. As for Turner, that's one I really don't know what happened behind the scenes.
Prolly should have elevated Stefanski instead of hiring Norv which may have progressed to him taking over and getting us some continuity before leaving  for an HC job anyway

I still believe if they had not beaten the saints in the playoffs, Stefanski probably gets the head job. Lots of rumblings about wanting to keep him around.