Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Zimmer cannot continue to be head coach
The Jaguars were the 29th ranked pass defense and the worst at pressuring the QB.

Zimmer's game plan is always the same. 

It seems like he game plans to our strengths rather than trying to attacking an opposing team's weakness.

Quote: @Carl Knowles said:
The Jaguars were the 29th ranked pass defense and the worst at pressuring the QB.

Zimmer's game plan is always the same. 

It seems like he game plans to our strengths rather than trying to attacking an opposing team's weakness.
Iirc they were dead last in giving up plays to the TE,  how many attempt to the TEs in the first 3 quarters?

@JimmyinSD  Conklin and Rudolph combined for 1 catch on 3 targets all game.

They aint all gonna be pretty, us long time fans know that...Anyone with 1/2 a brain would have taken Jax and the 10 pts this week. 

This game this year (for me) just underscores the Vikings are kinda mediocre.

Quote: @TBro said:
Not just Zimmer. His entire Coaching Staff was completely outschemed and outcoached against much weaker opponents. You let a journeyman QB in Glennon sit back comfortably in the pocket and pick you apart all game. Your OC continued to call running plays for Cook behind our worst offensive lineman in Dozier who was getting blown up all game. Our special teams is an absolute disaster. I still have no idea how we won this game. Last week Cousins saved our asses with his performance. This week, he contributed to the headscratching play calling, poor execution, and terrible decision making. It was a total team embarrassing win, and the crazy part is as I write this we are still in a good spot for a Wild Card as AZ is losing to the Rams. 
How do you get pressure with ZERO tallent on the D line?

The timeout with 23 seconds left instead of getting to the line and running another play and then using the timeout was just ridiculous, it was just so basic.  Then we throw to the end zone cause we figure we can't stop the clock.  Overall, not just Zimmer, this is an extremely poorly coached team.  Special team blunders every week, I understand players need to make plays, but how hard it it to tell your return guy to not run the ball out of the end zone.  

A lot of talent on this team just being wasted.  How can you have a 6'6" TE and you don't even know he is in the game.  Smith is out and Rudolph has 2 targets all game.  Not sure that Bisi Johnson who had a great game last week ever got in the game.  

Z is conservative for my taste on offense but he has this team in the playoff mix 12 games in. He may finish 2nd in coach of the year if we finish .500. ( 1 will be stefanski) 

He has one league average dlineman, rookie and castoff corners, a below average oline, below average ST players and a limited QB who is accurate if jept clean. 

Z is a top 10 head coach even with his warts 

Look, at my age, you look at Zimmer and wonder -- can he coach a team to a Super Bowl win?  The answer is no.  So, move on.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@TBro said:
Not just Zimmer. His entire Coaching Staff was completely outschemed and outcoached against much weaker opponents. You let a journeyman QB in Glennon sit back comfortably in the pocket and pick you apart all game. Your OC continued to call running plays for Cook behind our worst offensive lineman in Dozier who was getting blown up all game. Our special teams is an absolute disaster. I still have no idea how we won this game. Last week Cousins saved our asses with his performance. This week, he contributed to the headscratching play calling, poor execution, and terrible decision making. It was a total team embarrassing win, and the crazy part is as I write this we are still in a good spot for a Wild Card as AZ is losing to the Rams. 
How do you get pressure with ZERO tallent on the D line?
This. The team is winning games with NO pressure on the passer. So much pressure on the secondary.

Yawn. They have played 5 teams with winning records and are 1-4. 7 teams with losing records and 5-2. Standard Zimmer results.