Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk Special Teams
Quote: @"Mattyman" said:

Inconsistent special teams fits with

Rebuild mode.

Special teams have been bad this season. No return game to speak of and the coverage team has given up more than their fair share of big returns. I do think that a young roster and injuries have made things worse, but its certwinly the worst special teams unit they’ve had for a while.

I do think that the new long snapper, DePaolo, has helped the kicking game and I’d personally cut bait with Cutting, though theynare trying to make it work with him. I’d also like a new pubter next year, Colquitt tends to outkick his coverage and I haven’t seen much of him trying to pin the other team deep inside the 20. He is supposed to be a good holder, but I haven’t been happy with his punting.

It will be interesting to see if they hite a new special teams coach next season or if they chalk it up to a young and iniired roster.

I miss our raging homophobic ST coach

Quote: @"PurpleCrush" said:
ST have been a shit show all season long, except for Bailey (Dear God I hope I haven't jinxed him now).
And boom goes the dynamite.

Idk who the ST coach is, but after the season that guy gotta go! Unbelievable. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I just wanted to quote this because it makes me laugh and I need to laugh more...F U 2020

Special Teams is a complete misnomer for this complete mess. WTF was up with Bailey yesterday? Every game they mess up someone, total CF.

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I just wanted to quote this because it makes me laugh and I need to laugh more...F U 2020
Amen to that, brother. Freaking brutal year, but we got some days of hole and better days ahead.

What are the odds of both Maalouf & Bailey being back in 21? 

I would say pretty dang low...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
What are the odds of both Maalouf & Bailey being back in 21? 

I would say pretty dang low...
I would agree. Bailey hasnt been reliable and we keep making stupid mistakes like not being able to down the ball at the 1 vs Carolina or Dallas? Cant recall...and then constant holding penalties on returns.

I dont know whether this is luck or if there is something we can do to put more pressures on kickers but kickers success rates vs Minnesota is insanely high. I mean Gostowski went 6-6 vs us and is 10-18 vs other teams. What gives?