Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Trey Lance be there when Minnesota picks?
The more I think about it, the more I'd be worried about drafting him. I see some guys like Lamar Jackson, Wentz, and others over the years come in (meaning guys who had certain questions about their passing ability), dominate with their athleticism, and then when defenses figure them out the player doesn't raise his game up to the next level or is very inconsistent.

That'd be my biggest concern with drafting Lance, especially having played only 1 game in what will essentially be two years until he goes to the NFL.

Lance reminds me of Jordan Love with the small school, arm and running skills.  Not a lot of tape on Lance because they only play one game this season.  That scares me.  His only game he had a 50% completion.  He threw the ball 30 times and also ran 15 in that game.  He runs too much.  He does first read and run. 

The 2019 season he was lights out with 25 TD's and 0 Int's the whole season including Bowl. 
In the final game Bowl game they won he ran the ball 30 times and threw it 10 times, is that because he wasn't reading the Defense? 
 His arm looks to be a little better then Jordan Love IMO.

Michael Penix Jr. playing for Indiana is a future star. 
But he is only a Sophomore and will be a top pick next year

Not sold on lance at all saw one game and he was very innaccurate.  

I think Lance could fall and if so Vikings should take him.

Jets take Lawerence
Jacksonville takes Fields
Bengals take Pennei Sewell
I agree, those top three picks look like locks at this point.

So, Wilson is probably the next QB off the board in my opinion. There will be some teams in the top 10 like Atlanta, Detroit, Giants, Chargers and Houston that probably won't be real hungry for a QB. If the Vikings are in the 12-15 range and can stay ahead of Washington, Chicago, New England, and San Fran I think they will have a shot at Lance.

I think the Vikings could groom Lance like a Tysom Hill and give him some offensive packages while he develops behind Cousins

If Wilson is drafted in the top 5 (by Washington), than I could see a team trading up into top 10 to get Lance. It all depends on the demand for a QB?

The QB position is hard to call... there are a few big named young guys like Blake Bortles, Paxton Lynch, Josh Rosen and others that are on practice squads. Sam Darnold and Jimmy G could also shake up the QB market?

Will teams choose not to take a QB in the top ten and wait on Kyle Trask, Mac Jones, Jamie Newman, Kellen Mond or Sam Ehlinger later in the draft?

Remember anything can happen. Teddy was supposed to be one of the top picks in his draft before a bad pro day caused him to slide.

I wonder if a guy like Carson Wentz could be available? He'll be 28 at the end of next month. I think the Eagles could be close to seeing what they have in Jalen Hurts. 

I can give you 59 million reasons way Wentz won't be available.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/philadelphia-eagles/

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:

Holy shit!  The iggles are 65 million over next years projected cap!  Make our situation look like pre school. 

Of course a June 1st designation on Wentz is a net savings of 10million for them.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:

[Image: IllustriousEasygoingAnemone-size_restricted.gif]

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
QB's will get sorted out at the combine and their pro days. One of these guys will run slow and one will run fast which causes them to slip/jump. 
Imo QBs need to be graded on their body of work in games,  not drills.  So much of their success or lack of is things that can't be measured or timed.  

Lances biggest detriment imo is that lack of body of work.  Coaches didn't get a second shot at him and its that second year where tells and flaws get exposed and teams are more prepared to take away what you excel at and make you improve as a player.  All college QBs will carry a  degree of uncertainty,   but division 2 ( sorry I say the same about SDSU and USD) QB just don't see the talent at their level and need more than 1 impressive season for me to be a believer,  even if that 1 season was as amazing as Lance had in 2019.
Well yeah, that's obviously how it should be done but that's not always the case. I just think that after Lawrence and Fields, pro days and the combine could shake up the draft order of these guys.