Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And we'll...See yah next year!
Quote: @comet52 said:
Happened to Palmer and to a promising kid qb they had back in the 60's before acl surgery.  That franchise is cursed when it gets a young up and comer at qb.
Greg Cook.  Was going to be a complete stud.  Tore his shoulder up and they kept playing him. Ruined his arm.

it amazes me that OL/DL and QBs dont all wear some sort of device to protect their knees.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
it amazes me that OL/DL and QBs dont all wear some sort of device to protect their knees.
I have always wondered this. But you know... they might think others will call them weak. But I'll continue to wonder like you.

Anything meaningful would restrict speed and mobility. Never happen. But at the same time its like NFL QBs are the hottest NFL commodity, how can we protect them from season ending injuries?

Quote: @Chuckf said:
@comet52 said:
Happened to Palmer and to a promising kid qb they had back in the 60's before acl surgery.  That franchise is cursed when it gets a young up and comer at qb.
Greg Cook.  Was going to be a complete stud.  Tore his shoulder up and they kept playing him. Ruined his arm.
Colts did the same thing to Bert Jones.

Sounds like this injury of Burrows' is a bit worse than the run of the mill ACL injury. Yikes.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Sounds like this injury of Burrows' is a bit worse than the run of the mill ACL injury. Yikes.
what are you referring to?  the MCL?  thats the only extra I have heard of and I've been walking around with a tear in my MCL for nearly 20 years.

@StickyBun said:
what are you referring to?  the MCL?  thats the only extra I have heard of and I've been walking around with a tear in my MCL for nearly 20 years.
And I've torn both rotator cuffs in both shoulders, still work out daily at the gym pushing weights, but I'm not throwing 20 yard out patterns in the NFL either!  :p

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
And I've torn both rotator cuffs in both shoulders, still work out daily at the gym pushing weights, but I'm not throwing 20 yard out patterns in the NFL either!  :p
if its just the MCL,  that is pretty common with the ACL,  its just not always reported as it is a relatively insignificant injury in comparison to the ACL from my experience and from what I've read in the past.  kind of like meniscus damage... its just part of the package. 

It's all 3 ligaments plus the meniscus.