Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remmers is getting destroyed
Oh but it's preseason.... 49ers didn't get the message that you are supposed to look like you don't have a damn clue how to play the game. 

Quote: @eckman said:
this team is soft.
Yup

the line looked a lot better once boone left and easton went to LG and Elf was at center.

Quote: @kmillard said:
the line looked a lot better once boone left and easton went to LG and Elf was at center.
Agreed. Elfein and Easton seem to play well together, but do you really think this coaching staff and GM will swallow their pride and admit that Boone is not worth anywhere near what he is being paid? Both of them should be starting, but Zimmer will always give a veteran the benefit of the doubt even when they are not performing. My bet is he will start this season with Easton at Center and Elfein on the bench while Boone and Remmers struggle. 

I'm also waiting to see what the difference is between the Pat Shurmur offense of last year, and the Pat Shurmur offense of this year that has had the full offseason to implement his system. It looks identical to me, and Bradford is definitely giving up early on plays when there is no need. He is seeing ghosts and dumping the ball short of the first down marker hoping for missed tackles and a miracle to happen. At least Treadwell had some good catches tonight along with Thielen. Diggs looked like garbage dropping those two first down catches. 

This offense couldn't score points last season, and it doesn't look like that will change. 

Hill looks WAY better than Remmers. Easton looks way better than Boone. There are just so many players that do not have a playing personality -- Boone, Bradford, Remmers, Waynes, Shurmur can't coach -- and yet they keep going out there.
Some guys may not have the big school pedigree and things like that but at least they give it they're all every time they're out there -- Teddy, JJ, Bowers, Hunter, Wilson, Kendricks, EG, Heineicke, Eifren, etc... -- that its a surprise we have to keep forcing the shit we do out there.

Quote: @Neptizzle said:
Hill looks WAY better than Remmers. Easton looks way better than Boone. There are just so many players that do not have a playing personality -- Boone, Bradford, Remmers, Waynes, Shurmur can't coach -- and yet they keep going out there.
Some guys may not have the big school pedigree and things like that but at least they give it they're all every time they're out there -- Teddy, JJ, Bowers, Hunter, Wilson, Kendricks, EG, Heineicke, Eifren, etc... -- that its a surprise we have to keep forcing the shit we do out there.
Hill and Remmers play different spots.

I completely agree.  So much of playing in the NFL is attitude and there are some players who just don't seem to have it.  I get the same feeling regarding Treadwell.  They just look bored, disinterested or confused out there.

Quote: @twgerber said:
@Neptizzle said:
They both play OT??? Hill, or even Reiff if Hill can't adapt, should be able to make the switch. I can see RT not being able to switch to LT because they aren't physically talented, but most LTs can switch to RT.

@twgerber said:
@Neptizzle said:
They both play OT??? Hill, or even Reiff if Hill can't adapt, should be able to make the switch. I can see RT not being able to switch to LT because they aren't physically talented, but most LTs can switch to RT.
Reiff played RT last year and it was his worst year.  He is better at LT.  Some players can't switch.

Remmers played LT last year and before that only RT.  He was bad at LT and Avg at RT.   

RT and LT are not interchangable that I have ever really seen.

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
@Neptizzle said:
I completely agree.  So much of playing in the NFL is attitude and there are some players who just don't seem to have it.  I get the same feeling regarding Treadwell.  They just look bored, disinterested or confused out there.

Now, some guys may not have the overall talent to be more than a spot player and is just looking special because he is playing against 3rd stringers, but at least these guys are giving it their all. They are still better than guys like Kalil who had all the talent in college but simply quit when he got paid. Guys like Bowers, Wilson, Jaleel Johnson and others are now showing they can be coached and are willing to go 110%. So give them a chance over a lazy douche who isn't willing to be more than a PoS.