Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too Quiet
that feel good win yesterday dropped the Vikes to 14th draft slot if the season ended tomorrow.  The last 2 weeks took us from looking at the 3 spot and likely the third best QB or a nice trade out package of picks to.... well we should be able to get in on the end of the top tier of OTs, and DTs.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@1VikesFan said:
If they beat the Bears next week on MNF I'll think they've turned the corner. If not same old shit.
Agree with this. If the Vikes can beat the Bears and keep rolling with victories over Dallas, Carolina, and Jacksonville then they really may have a shot. 

A MNF win, and another division victory, would be impressive, but let's say they also beat 2 of the next 3 (I think the Panthers beat the Vikings) and we're 6-6. How do you feel? Last 4 games are against Saints, Bucs, Bears, and Lions. 8-8 would be an impressive turnaround for this season...and pointless.

@1VikesFan said:
If they beat the Bears next week on MNF I'll think they've turned the corner. If not same old shit.
Agree with this. If the Vikes can beat the Bears and keep rolling with victories over Dallas, Carolina, and Jacksonville then they really may have a shot. 
a shot at what though exactly?

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Dream at your own risk.

https://twitter.com/realmnsportsfan/stat...5071403008
Dreaming is free....

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@1VikesFan said:
An additional team is added to the final slot of the playoffs. If this takes place then they have a shot at getting in. Bears are tanking and I honestly dont seem them getting in right now. The NFC East is, well, lolz, so that leaves two other divisions you are competing with for the final slot. It's certainly possible

I really like a lot of the core players on this team and the ceiling is high for many of them, but overall I do not have any kind of hope for this team as long as Cousins is the QB.  It is just rinse and repeat, look great against the bad teams and completely fall apart against good teams and in any kind of meaningful game.  We will most likely not finish good enough for playoff, but not bad enough for one of the top QBs.  A few more wins and they will tease us into thinking they will make a run, but we all know how it will play out. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@1VikesFan said:
An additional team is added to the final slot of the playoffs. If this takes place then they have a shot at getting in. Bears are tanking and I honestly dont seem them getting in right now. The NFC East is, well, lolz, so that leaves two other divisions you are competing with for the final slot. It's certainly possible
no offense,  but we have no real shot,  so getting into the playoffs just to get our ass handed to us again doesnt sound nearly as appealing as losing out and getting better draft picks to try and build a real team.

as far as the bears,  i see maybe 3 losses left on their schedule,  so they end up 9-7 most likely,  i see maybe 5 more wins for the Vikings so at best 8-8.

My fan dream of getting a young QB in the next draft are fading. It is what it is. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@1VikesFan said:
I watched a bit of the Bears game yesterday. Damn they were godawful. I think they had two first downs the entire first half and one of those was on a fake punt.

Of course they'll bring their A-game next week but its interesting that the Vikings are favored on the road. If I'm the Vikings I come out firing with Cousins.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@1VikesFan said:
I watched a bit of the Bears game yesterday. Damn they were godawful. I think they had two first downs the entire first half and one of those was on a fake punt.

Of course they'll bring their A-game next week but its interesting that the Vikings are favored on the road. If I'm the Vikings I come out firing with Cousins.
Their offense is absolutely brutal to watch, but their defense is very good so I do expect the defense to play well. I'd keep giving the ball to Dalvin, let's see how this OL can do against Chicago's front 7. If it's going well then might as well mix in some long passing plays