Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trevor - Justin - Trey will be walking into a dream with the best RB-WR-WR
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@FLVike said:
Honestly, and yes honestly, why would any team trade for Cousins when they can go out to the nearest road and stop 3 cars and find 2 people better?
NOBODY is trading for Cousins. Its a ridiculous premise. Draft a QB, let him sit and learn behind Cousins for 2 years or just under. The team is fucked with his contact in the short term. But that doesn't mean the future QB can't be drafted next Spring. 

I think you have that backwards. Let me fix it for you.Draft a QB, let Cousins sit and learn behind him for 2 years or just under.

Quote: @FLVike said:
@StickyBun said:
@FLVike said:
Honestly, and yes honestly, why would any team trade for Cousins when they can go out to the nearest road and stop 3 cars and find 2 people better?
NOBODY is trading for Cousins. Its a ridiculous premise. Draft a QB, let him sit and learn behind Cousins for 2 years or just under. The team is fucked with his contact in the short term. But that doesn't mean the future QB can't be drafted next Spring. 

I think you have that backwards. Let me fix it for you.Draft a QB, let Cousins sit and learn behind him for 2 years or just under.

It takes alot of money to have him sit. We can't pay him 20+ mil as a back up. We need to cut him and eat the 31 (41 total) mil or so instead of keeping him to spend 31 plus 35. His 2022 salary becomes guaranteed day 3 of next league year. The salary is 35 mil. We can't have a 35 mil back up in 2022. What we should be trying to do is get that 35 mil off the books. The 41 mil for 2021 is unavoidable so no need focusing on that. Hence why I am absolutely again any trae that involves draft picks and any future implications. Just cut him and move on on a clean slate. For good measure position yourself for a shot at one of the best qbs this draft.

Lord.....we need a new QB. Let it be Fields or Lance. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
This contract was bad the day it was signed and it gets worse every week. Sad.
We can't afford to trade away a first round pick just to dump his salary, so we need to cut him and eat the money. Probably need to trade other vets to shed money just to get under the cap.

If nothing else, hopefully more people on this board will read this article, so they can stop proposing we trade Kirk away for an early pick. Never ever gonna happen.
hell i would throw in a 5th and 6th to trade him.

PICKTEAMRECORDWIN%GBSOSSTREAK
[Image: nyj.png] 
NY Jets
0-6.000--.595Lost 6
[Image: wsh.png] 
Washington
1-5.1671.0.494Lost 5
[Image: nyg.png] 
NY Giants
1-5.1671.0.534Won 1
[Image: atl.png] 
Atlanta
1-5.1671.0.570Won 1
[Image: jax.png] 
Jacksonville
1-5.1671.0.572Lost 5
[Image: min.png] 
Minnesota
1-5.1671.0.580Lost 2
[Image: hou.png] 
Houston
  MIA [Image: mia.png]
1-5.1671.0.601Lost 1
[Image: lac.png] 
LA Chargers
1-4.2001.5.466Lost 4

Quote: @kmillard said:
@pattersaur said:
We can't afford to trade away a first round pick just to dump his salary, so we need to cut him and eat the money. Probably need to trade other vets to shed money just to get under the cap.

If nothing else, hopefully more people on this board will read this article, so they can stop proposing we trade Kirk away for an early pick. Never ever gonna happen.
In a heartbeat, but no one is doing that. The article theorized it would take a first. 

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
PICKTEAMRECORDWIN%GBSOS
STREAK
[Image: nyj.png] 
NY Jets
0-6.000--.595Lost 6
[Image: wsh.png] 
Washington
1-5.1671.0.494Lost 5
[Image: nyg.png] 
NY Giants
1-5.1671.0.534Won 1
[Image: atl.png] 
Atlanta
1-5.1671.0.570Won 1
[Image: jax.png] 
Jacksonville
1-5.1671.0.572Lost 5
[Image: min.png] 
Minnesota
1-5.1671.0.580Lost 2
[Image: hou.png] 
Houston
  MIA [Image: mia.png]
1-5.1671.0.601Lost 1
[Image: lac.png] 
LA Chargers
1-4.2001.5.466Lost 4
upside is three of those teams won't take a qb

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@kmillard said:
@pattersaur said:

In a heartbeat, but no one is doing that. The article theorized it would take a first. 
ok, i understood as vikings getting a 1st for cousins, i have heard that as well and is a total fantasy

Quote: @kmillard said:
@pattersaur said:
@kmillard said:
@pattersaur said:

ok, i understood as vikings getting a 1st for cousins, i have heard that as well and is a total fantasy
No the Vikings also have to give up a first to waterdown the terrible contract

So somehow, Cousins and his agent were able to put the risk of failure on the Vikings, instead of Cousins, with these contracts. Who ever is responsible for this situation should be fired tomorrow.
A performance based contract is the only way to go in the NFL. If you want a guarantee against injury, buy an insurance policy!
The Wilfs are considered by many to be great owners, because they have spent a lot of money on facilities and were able to build a new stadium largely financed by others. But their football decisions have often been baffling. 
They seem to have painted themselves into the corner right now. It will be interesting to see how they deal with their present situation.