Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradford or Bridgewater? Vikings might not decide until 2019
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
MMQB on SI.com had a story this morning about their sources say the Vikings will definitely go with Bradford over Bridgewater if he plays well this season.

i dont think that has ever been in question has it?  I mean if Sam plays good enough to get the team into the playoffs and maybe more,  how could you go back to Teddy who really hasnt proven much besides having great poise  and leadership?

For all the hoopla and the dozens of speculative stories, the truth is kinda simple:

if Sam builds on last season and plays well, he's the guy.  If not, THEN there's room for speculation....

Even if Sam plays great and earns a contract. How much is that contract worth?  

Quote: @"Sir Viking Bob VWO" said:
Even if Sam plays great and earns a contract. How much is that contract worth?  
  • Carr and Luck are $25mm/season
  • Brees/Cousins $24mm
  • big Ben, Rogers, Wilson, Flacco $22mm
  • Brady $20.5
  • Bradford $17.5
I suspect Rogers will get re-worked at $28mm++  Tom Brady too.

Sam Plays well he's probably look at $23-$24mm?? 

Of course its the guaranteed $$ over time and I didnt post those #'s. 

Here:

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

My hunch:
  1. Bradford will play very well this year and get a long-term deal from the Vikings - maybe before the end of this season. I don't see Spielman letting his QB get near free agency or doing the Kirk Cousins franchise tag dance.
  2. Bridgewater will challenge the contract tolling, and I think he will win. He'll leave as a UFA next March.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
My hunch:
  1. Bradford will play very well this year and get a long-term deal from the Vikings - maybe before the end of this season. I don't see Spielman letting his QB get near free agency or doing the Kirk Cousins franchise tag dance.
  2. Bridgewater will challenge the contract tolling, and I think he will win. He'll leave as a UFA next March.
Isn't Teddy his QB as well?  He drafted him.  I don't think Teddy will leave as an UFA. I would bet the team would tag him and trade one of them

Quote: @"Sir Viking Bob VWO" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
My hunch:
Isn't Teddy his QB as well?  He drafted him.  I don't think Teddy will leave as an UFA. I would bet the team would tag him and trade one of them
Edited to remove offensive content.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Sir Viking Bob VWO" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
My hunch:
dont you have to get knighted before you can be a "sir"?

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Sir Viking Bob VWO" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
My hunch:
dont you have to get knighted before you can be a "sir"?
I think he was last fall at the Texans game.
Great game...Last good home game of the year unfortunately Sad

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
MMQB on SI.com had a story this morning about their sources say the Vikings will definitely go with Bradford over Bridgewater if he plays well this season.

i dont think that has ever been in question has it?  I mean if Sam plays good enough to get the team into the playoffs and maybe more,  how could you go back to Teddy who really hasnt proven much besides having great poise  and leadership?
Of course its been in question. Are you serious? They drafted Teddy in the 1st round and he had an injury that kept him out last year, not because of bad play. He's much younger than Bradford. Its like, duh, yeah the franchise has to make a decision regardless.