Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Titans broke protocols and gathered for a workout
point is there is a lot of head in the sand or (elsewhere)  people taking direction from someone who refuses to listen to the informed medical professionals

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
Just follow the damn protocols. It's not that hard. You do and we have a season. You don't, you get Covid. It's pretty simple. 

A covid case.  Not symptoms, not hospitalization, just another positive test.
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...%3DApi&f=1]
Yeah, nothing hurt, right? Just keep spreading the virus among your teammates and other teams. What could go wrong? Is that pretty much it?

Look, by now it should be obvious to everyone that if you follow protocols, whether you're a citizen or a professional athlete, you can have nice things. You can have your season, you can have your restaurants, your vacations, your jobs. If you don't, you run the risk of losing all of those things again. 

Forget the number of symptoms per case, hospitalizations per case, deaths per case. Low numbers, to be sure. But the more people who get it, the faster it spreads, and all of those once low numbers start to pile up. 

Here's an idea, instead of being belligerent about the truth because it comes dressed as science, why not just do your part? And I'm talking to the Titans here as much as you. Is it really that hard? 

Grown, fit athletes still have to take the tests and follow protocols. There are consequences if they don't. There are other people to consider including coaches and other staff. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
Just follow the damn protocols. It's not that hard. You do and we have a season. You don't, you get Covid. It's pretty simple. 

Yeah, nothing hurt, right? Just keep spreading the virus among your teammates and other teams. What could go wrong? Is that pretty much it?

Look, by now it should be obvious to everyone that if you follow protocols, whether you're a citizen or a professional athlete, you can have nice things. You can have your season, you can have your restaurants, your vacations, your jobs. If you don't, you run the risk of losing all of those things again. 

Forget the number of symptoms per case, hospitalizations per case, deaths per case. Low numbers, to be sure. But the more people who get it, the faster it spreads, and all of those once low numbers start to pile up. 

Here's an idea, instead of being belligerent about the truth because it comes dressed as science, why not just do your part? And I'm talking to the Titans here as much as you. Is it really that hard? 

Look, by now it should be obvious to everyone that if you follow
protocols, whether you're a citizen or a professional athlete, you can
have nice things. You can have your season, you can have your
restaurants, your vacations, your jobs. If you don't, you run the risk
of losing all of those things again.  

Just wanted to highlight that tidbit.
 baffling.

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:

baffling.
Well don't be shy. Feel free to explain what's baffling. I know you like to drop elliptical statements like mics, as if you made a point, but I assure you, you haven't. 

I cant (wont) speak for Greed, but I think there is a group of citizens that don't want to be told anything that they internalize as how how to live their lives rules from a govt.

Whether that's a vaccine, a mask, or turning your lights out when the enemy may blitz the snot out of you at dusk. 

To paraphrase, if you are willing to give up freedoms for nice things, you will get neither. 

Follow the ever changing non-sense rules and we will give you your daily morsel.  I wonder if any nation has tried that method of ruling?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I cant (wont) speak for Greed, but I think there is a group of citizens that don't want to be told anything that they internalize as how how to live their lives rules from a govt.

Whether that's a vaccine, a mask, or turning your lights out when the enemy may blitz the snot out of you at dusk. 
And that's not what freedom is, that's selfishness. Plain and simple. Let's just understand that's exactly what it is. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:

baffling.
Well don't be shy. Feel free to explain what's baffling. I know you like to drop elliptical statements like mics, as if you made a point, but I assure you, you haven't. 
I laughed because that's exactly right.