Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJ with HIGH praise for Trey Lance.
Quote: @"Carl Knowles" said:
In the FCS Championship Game against James Maddison Lance was only 6 of 10 passing for 72 yards. But, it was a cold rainy sloppy day and he ran the ball 30 times for 166 yards. The highlight below of that game shows what kind of a tough gritty player he is in bad weather games. You also see he can make something out of nothing when the pocket breaks down. This kind of play making ability might come in handy when the Vikings travel to Green Bay and Chicago.  

His strength is the Run Pass Option. Grooming him behind Kirk in our current system isn't an ideal match. But I would still be tempted to take him in the top half of the draft.  
Yep, if the Vikings were to get this kid they'd have to change their offense. The only minor red flag for me with Lance is he doesn't have a ton of snaps to show and critique. He'd be on the raw side. But I still would love to see him taken by Minnesota. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Carl Knowles" said:
In the FCS Championship Game against James Maddison Lance was only 6 of 10 passing for 72 yards. But, it was a cold rainy sloppy day and he ran the ball 30 times for 166 yards. The highlight below of that game shows what kind of a tough gritty player he is in bad weather games. You also see he can make something out of nothing when the pocket breaks down. This kind of play making ability might come in handy when the Vikings travel to Green Bay and Chicago.  

His strength is the Run Pass Option. Grooming him behind Kirk in our current system isn't an ideal match. But I would still be tempted to take him in the top half of the draft.  
Yep, if the Vikings were to get this kid they'd have to change their offense. The only minor red flag for me with Lance is he doesn't have a ton of snaps to show and critique. He'd be on the raw side. But I still would love to see him taken by Minnesota. 
Before you laugh at me, Kubiak (if he's still here, which I think he will be) might be able to tailor an offense to Lance. It reminds me of Shanahan and RGIII back when Shanahan changed his WCO to fit Griffin's strengths. And Kubiak being an old disciple of Shanahan, as well as being around the block a few times, might be able to do that. Or at least that's what I would hope.

Quote: @"PurpleCrush" said:
@"Skodin" said:
I'll take Trevor, Justin or Lance.  Give me hope.  Give me a guy who can sling it and also convert first downs with his legs.  I don't know need Vick, Lamar, but someone who is as mobile if not more than Case.
Any of the QBs plus Cook, Mattison, Adam, JJ, Irv, plus whatever other young weapon we can add would be a great start to building a new dynamic offense.
I'll take either of those three as well, I just don't see us being bad enough to be in position to select Lawrence or Fields. Still a lot of ball to be played, so for now it's OK to dream a bit I guess.
You have been watching the games haven't you?  Wink I look at their remaining schedule and just don't see many wins. We're not as bad as the Jets but...

Quote: @"PurplePastor" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
@"Skodin" said:
I'll take Trevor, Justin or Lance.  Give me hope.  Give me a guy who can sling it and also convert first downs with his legs.  I don't know need Vick, Lamar, but someone who is as mobile if not more than Case.
Any of the QBs plus Cook, Mattison, Adam, JJ, Irv, plus whatever other young weapon we can add would be a great start to building a new dynamic offense.
I'll take either of those three as well, I just don't see us being bad enough to be in position to select Lawrence or Fields. Still a lot of ball to be played, so for now it's OK to dream a bit I guess.
You have been watching the games haven't you?  Wink I look at their remaining schedule and just don't see many wins. We're not as bad as the Jets but...
Lol, yes I have. But with that being said, look at some of these other teams - the Jets, Giants, Redskins, Broncos, Falcons. They're absolute train wrecks. I know we're playing badly, but we still have quite a bit of talent even with the injuries. I think the young guys will continue to improve which might lead to some wins, although not many lol. QB's, if they're really good prospects, tend to get pushed up the board. And with the three available this upcoming draft, we're probably either going to have to be a 2-4 win team or trade massive capital to get one of them.

Quote: @"PurplePastor" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
@"Skodin" said:
But you base this on how they played in two games, assuming that THAT Viking team is the one we're going to see in all 13 remaining games. I don't think that's very likely, do you?

Because I think the team that lost Sunday by 1 point to the AFC runner up is more likely what we'll get. For better or worse, that team is going to win some games. Not all of 'em, probably not even a majority of them, but probably too many to be in the running for Trey, Trev and Justin. I could be wrong. But if I'm right, I'm rooting for the Bengals to finish last. That's a team we might be able to trade with. 

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Skodin" said:
I'll take Trevor, Justin or Lance.  Give me hope. 
This. Can we just once have something nice in Vikingland?? One fucking time??

[Image: giphy.gif]
Lofl VG...

Some of those Austin Powers moments were just frigging awesome....I loved me some fat bastard and the crazy dutchmen too.

^^^^ GET IN MAH BELLY  ^^^^