Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, that wouldn't suck...
As much as I would LOVE to see this scenario play out, I don't think we're going to be #1 Overall Pick type of bad this year. With that being said, I think we'll be bad enough to at least have a shot at the hometown kid from NDSU, Trey Lance. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
https://twitter.com/SkolMemes/status/130...65088?s=20
I dont know if I should like this or not???

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
As much as I would LOVE to see this scenario play out, I don't think we're going to be #1 Overall Pick type of bad this year. With that being said, I think we'll be bad enough to at least have a shot at the hometown kid from NDSU, Trey Lance. 
I feel like I'm one of the more level-headed posters here when it comes to the team...  don't typically over-react, try to assess the facts....

With that said, the Vikings this year look BAD.  I absolutely think we might be #1 pick BAD.  Look at our upcoming schedule...  I kind of wrote off the Packers loss as a weird week 1 thing.  Weird shit always happens Week 1, even in a normal year.  Remember when we got spanked by the 49ers and then proceeded to go 11-5 and won the division with Teddy?  I don't have those vibes this year.  We were completely embarrassed by the Colts.

The offense looks pathetic.  Cousins isn't playing well and it's insane to me that in a close game (score-wise), we only give Dalvin 6 touches in the first half.  That's on Kubiak who looks super rusty as a play caller.  Add in the fact that we're missing Hunter for at least the next couple weeks...  and Barr is out...  the defense isn't going to start playing better.

I'm having a hard time seeing a win before our bye week with Tennessee, Houston, Seattle, and Atlanta on deck.  Then we get GB in Lambeau coming out of the bye...  This is going to get ugly.  If we're winless approaching the mid-point of the season, all bets are off.  Zimmer might be fired.

Never expected this type of start from the Vikings.

You are level headed Wet, at least on a football forum...

Always enjoyed your takes and posts. I wear my emotion right on my sleeve. 

It's not just that this team is 0/2, its how they looked getting there. This has FUGLY written all over it. 

Good luck in WI this year, Pack look to be a strong NFC Contender.

I am now rooting for the Jets to win a few soon. 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@PurpleCrush said:
I feel like I'm one of the more level-headed posters here when it comes to the team...  don't typically over-react, try to assess the facts....

With that said, the Vikings this year look BAD.  I absolutely think we might be #1 pick BAD.  Look at our upcoming schedule...  I kind of wrote off the Packers loss as a weird week 1 thing.  Weird shit always happens Week 1, even in a normal year.  Remember when we got spanked by the 49ers and then proceeded to go 11-5 and won the division with Teddy?  I don't have those vibes this year.  We were completely embarrassed by the Colts.

The offense looks pathetic.  Cousins isn't playing well and it's insane to me that in a close game (score-wise), we only give Dalvin 6 touches in the first half.  That's on Kubiak who looks super rusty as a play caller.  Add in the fact that we're missing Hunter for at least the next couple weeks...  and Barr is out...  the defense isn't going to start playing better.

I'm having a hard time seeing a win before our bye week with Tennessee, Houston, Seattle, and Atlanta on deck.  Then we get GB in Lambeau coming out of the bye...  This is going to get ugly.  If we're winless approaching the mid-point of the season, all bets are off.  Zimmer might be fired.

Same. Teams start out like dogshit all the time only to eventually figure it out and find a rhythm. With the roster the Vikings have you would expect that to happen with the Vikings. 

While there is hope that our young secondary improves, and our young 2nd and 3rd receivers improve, they're not even the biggest problems. Unfortunately the biggest problems lie in areas where there isn't much hope for improvement: the interior lines on both sides of the ball. That combined with a brutal schedule diminish much of the hope one would normally have for pulling out of the dive.

We'll see. I'm an optimist, but it doesn't look good. If we do, say, lose 6 of our first 8, then a fire sale and a tanking-for-Trev strategy becomes a real possibility. Does that include axing Zim, too? Maybe so. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

It's not just that this team is 0/2, its how they looked getting there. This has FUGLY written all over it. 

I am going to keep my head low and stick to the bow stand lol

The only saving grace to COVID is I am still working from home and don't need to see my Packer loving co-workers F2F all fall long...  so at least I have that going for me.  Maybe by the time I'm back in an office, they'll actually feel pity for me.

@purplefaithful said:

I am going to keep my head low and stick to the bow stand lol

The only saving grace to COVID is I am still working from home and don't need to see my Packer loving co-workers F2F all fall long...  so at least I have that going for me.  Maybe by the time I'm back in an office, they'll actually feel pity for me.
The positive for me is I just got my refund for my season tix from Zygi...

Least I'm not paying to watch it from the stands in 2020. 

@PurpleCrush said:

I look at it this way. We're Vikings fans. It would be our shit luck to have a horrible season with a once in a generation type QB coming out, and we don't get the #1 pick.