Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wish me luck all. I tested positive.
So here’s the run down.
On Saturday I had some stomach/abdominal pain and chalked it up to maybe gas. Took some tums but that never seemed to help. On Sunday I was still having stomach issues but didn’t think anything of it really. Dad came over and we watched the vikings game together (the game didn’t help the stomach ha!). Later that evening I started getting bad body aches and started feeling weak, headachey, a little warm with chills and potty trouble to keep it discrete. Went to bed thinking we will see how I feel in the morning. The next day I woke up with terrible abdominal pains and muscle aches and some nausea. Also a little pressure in my chest. And just having that sort of sick out of it feeling. This was going to be my kids first actual day in school. I decided that I was going to go get tested as my wife was backing out of the garage to drive my son to school. We discussed via phone and decided that the kids should not be going to school with me going for a covid test. 
So I had been in  the guest bedroom isolated for 3 days waiting for my test and felt pretty crummy for the first 2 but other than exhaustion and loss of taste and a general feeling of malaise (from being laid up) I feel fairly ok. I have been eating well and most of the potty issues seemed to have cleared up. So I figured, ok I just had a little bug I am fine. This morning I saw the resukts were back and I was excited to leave my isolation chamber (guest bedroom) only to find out it came back positive. Now I am stuck in my room for another 11 days!
So now I feel pretty ok but still really weak and woozy. 
After reading some I was surprised to learn that abdominal pain and body aches are such a big symptom. I hadn’t known that. 
Anyway it sounds like the vast majority of folks will have a mild case such as me. I am more worried about my Dad. He is 72 and not in bad health but not in great health either.
I will likely be just fine. However it does remind me that I need to ensure that someone besides me needs to have all the info to take over the site should the need ever arise.

Hang in there, positive thoughts.

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
So here’s the run down.

On Saturday I had some stomach/abdominal pain and chalked it up to maybe gas. Took some tums but that never seemed to help. On Sunday I was still having stomach issues but didn’t thing anything of it really. Dad came over and we watched the game together (the game didn’t help the stomach ha!). Later that evening I started getting bad body aches and started feeling weak, headachey, a little warm with chills and potty trouble to jeep it discrete. Went to bed thinking we will see how I feel in the morning. The next day I woke up with terrible abdominal pains and muscle aches and some nausea. Also a little pressure in my chest. And just having that sort of sick out of it feeling. This was going to be my kids first actual day in school. I decided that I was going to go get tested as my wife was backing out of the garage ti drive my son to school. We discussed via phone and decided that the kids should not be going to school with me going for a covid test. 

So I had been i  the guest bedroom isolated for 3 days and felt pretty crummy for the first 2 but the  other than exhaustion and loss of taste and a geberal feeling of malaise ; from being laid up) I feel fairly ok. I have been eating well and most of the potty issues seemed to have cleared up. So I figured, ok I just had a little bug I am fine. This morning I saw the resukts were back and I was excited to leave my isolation chamber (guest bedroom) only to find out it came back positive. Now I am stuck in my room for another 11 days!

So now I feek pretty ok butstill really weak abd woozy. 

After reading some I was surprised to learn that abdominal pauin and body aches are such a big symptom. I hadn’t known that. 

Anyway it sounds like the vast majority of folks will have a mikd case such as me. I am more worried about my Dad. He is 72 and not in bad health but not in great health either.

I will likely be just fine. However it does remind me that I need to ensure that someone besides me needs to have all the info to take over the site should the need ever arise.
Glad you're starting to feel better. Thanks for the symptom breakdown. I also did not realize the stomach issues were a symptom of Covid, thought it was strictly a respiratory / headaches thing. Really hope the rest of the family is going to be ok, especially your dad. Take care Mike.

Yeah me too 1VF that’s why I thought I was pribably just being cautious. 

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
lots of Vitamin C and D, listen to your body, if respiration becomes labored, dont be a hero, see your doctor.  Take care of yourself, prayers up for you and your family.  
Add Zinc/Quercetin 

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
So here’s the run down.
On Saturday I had some stomach/abdominal pain and chalked it up to maybe gas. Took some tums but that never seemed to help. On Sunday I was still having stomach issues but didn’t think anything of it really. Dad came over and we watched the vikings game together (the game didn’t help the stomach ha!). Later that evening I started getting bad body aches and started feeling weak, headachey, a little warm with chills and potty trouble to keep it discrete. Went to bed thinking we will see how I feel in the morning. The next day I woke up with terrible abdominal pains and muscle aches and some nausea. Also a little pressure in my chest. And just having that sort of sick out of it feeling. This was going to be my kids first actual day in school. I decided that I was going to go get tested as my wife was backing out of the garage to drive my son to school. We discussed via phone and decided that the kids should not be going to school with me going for a covid test. 
So I had been in  the guest bedroom isolated for 3 days waiting for my test and felt pretty crummy for the first 2 but other than exhaustion and loss of taste and a general feeling of malaise (from being laid up) I feel fairly ok. I have been eating well and most of the potty issues seemed to have cleared up. So I figured, ok I just had a little bug I am fine. This morning I saw the resukts were back and I was excited to leave my isolation chamber (guest bedroom) only to find out it came back positive. Now I am stuck in my room for another 11 days!
So now I feel pretty ok but still really weak and woozy. 
After reading some I was surprised to learn that abdominal pain and body aches are such a big symptom. I hadn’t known that. 
Anyway it sounds like the vast majority of folks will have a mild case such as me. I am more worried about my Dad. He is 72 and not in bad health but not in great health either.
I am sorry to hear you have tested positive.   Thanks for letting us know your symptoms and how it’s been going for you.   I hope that you have a speedy recovery, and that your family members (especially your elderly father) will not pick it up.

Can you think of how/when/where you might have been exposed to it?   

Sorry to hear, Mike.  Good luck with the recovery, and hopefully you didn't spread it around to family.  A neighbor at the lake tested positive and had exposed his immediate family along with aunts, uncles, cousins and grand parents, and was around my family too.  Nobody else got sick or tested positive.  I don't think everyone spreads it around the same way.

Mike—you are a big part of many lives. I’m so sorry to hear this.  Please keep us in the loop and Please take care.

Positive vibes to you and your family, Mike!

Thanks for sharing what you're going through. I hope you have Netflix in the guest room. I hear Cuties is good.  B)