Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunter to IR.
Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Was the Ngakoue signing in anticipation of Hunter being out? 
It's possible. Definitely some chatter on twitter about that. But I don't think so. I could be wrong, but I think the Yannick signing was more about suddenly having more money from the situations involving Cook, Reiff, Everson and Pierce. 

I think if Hunter were completely healthy we still make that deal. If it was about Hunter then that's a bigger problem than we all want to think about. 

ugh. IR. Noooooooooooooo!

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Was the Ngakoue signing in anticipation of Hunter being out? 
I agree. Hunter missing TC kinda made yannick trade an urgency

Quote: @Nichelle said:
ugh. IR. Noooooooooooooo!
Yup, IR, out a minimum of 3 weeks.

Doesn't the injury report come out this afternoon.  It should say what the issue is with Hunter...maybe.

Young secondary. No Pierce or Hunter. Same offensive line. Not sure I'm super confident heading into Sunday.

Vikings place Danielle Hunter on IRThe Pro Bowl pass rusher will miss the first three games of the season.
[Image: d28bc347-89e7-45a7-95fd-37ae8c4e9a82_16x9.jpg][Image: blank.png][Image: d28bc347-89e7-45a7-95fd-37ae8c4e9a82_750x422.jpg]
Credit: ASSOCIATED PRESSMinnesota Vikings defensive end Danielle Hunter walks off the field after an NFL football game against the Detroit Lions, Sunday, Dec. 8, 2019, in Minneapolis. The Vikings won 20-7. (AP Photo/Bruce Kluckhohn)
Author: David Griswold Published: 3:49 PM CDT September 9, 2020 Updated: 3:49 PM CDT September 9, 2020 [Image: facebook.svg] [Image: twitter.svg]
MINNEAPOLIS — The Minnesota Vikings' Pro Bowl pass rusher Danielle Hunter was placed on the Injured Reserve Wednesday after missing several weeks of practice. The team did not list the injury causing Hunter to land on the list.
The move means Hunter will miss the first three games of the season before being eligible to return to the field.
Hunter has been a catalyst for the Vikings defensive unit the past couple season, compiling 14 1/2 sacks in each of the previous two seasons.
Hunter missed a majority of Training Camp with an undisclosed injury.
The Vikings traded for another high-profile pass rusher in Yannick Ngakoue, who the team acquired on Aug. 31 via a trade with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Minnesota will open the season Sunday against the Green Bay Packers at U.S. Bank Stadium.
Quote:#Vikings DE Danielle Hunter has been placed on IR and practice squad K Chase McLaughlin has been protected. pic.twitter.com/eNmJUAT2PP
— Minnesota Vikings (@Vikings) September 9, 2020

So will Jalyn Holmes get his first start?? Per the depth chart he is Hunter's backup. :/

I thought they had to list why someone is put on IR, or did that change this year because of the Covid negotiations?

Guess it is his neck:
https://twitter.com/Andrew_Krammer/statu...24160?s=20

Quote: @Jor-El said:
So will Jalyn Holmes get his first start?? Per the depth chart he is Hunter's backup. :/
I would think Yannick would play on the left and Odenigbo on the right.