Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just over a week away from NFL action...still feel a little numb to it
Great comment, Wetlander, about the lack of preseason games lessening your excitement. I couldnt figure out why I'm not excited for the season to start and I think that's partially it. The other part is it's midway through the Twins season and feels that way and usually this time of year it's closing in on the playoffs. Everything is throwing me off

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
Great comment, Wetlander, about the lack of preseason games lessening your excitement. I couldnt figure out why I'm not excited for the season to start and I think that's partially it. The other part is it's midway through the Twins season and feels that way and usually this time of year it's closing in on the playoffs. Everything is throwing me off
I'm actually very curious to see how excited I'll be on game day. Will it be compromised by no fans and the uncertainty of a full season, or will I be super jacked because, unlike every other year, this will be the first time I'm seeing some of these guys....and it COUNTS. 

So odd. At this time we'd be discussing the tailgate menu, visiting the restaurant supply store and getting the plan together. And I'm the commissioner of a fantasy football league that has been in play for over 15 years. Nope, not excited about that either.

I didn't think a season would happen. So, I guess I should be happy that at least one is starting. I think I need to start a gratitude journal to adjust my attitude.

I think without the normal practices and banging heads there's going to be an unbelievable amount of injuries.  Throw in at some point a team or multiple teams will get hit by covid.  Then what?  Rain check that game?  Skip it and call it a tie? 

My kids are in school and I'm scared every day that I drop them off that it might be their last. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
I think without the normal practices and banging heads there's going to be an unbelievable amount of injuries.  Throw in at some point a team or multiple teams will get hit by covid.  Then what?  Rain check that game?  Skip it and call it a tie? 

My kids are in school and I'm scared every day that I drop them off that it might be their last. 
I really feel for you parents with kids in school or college. Tough, tough times. I feel for the teachers and school staff too. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@AGRforever said:

I really feel for you parents with kids in school or college. Tough, tough times. I feel for the teachers and school staff too. 
Here theyve told teachers to teach live classes and virtual at the same time...you know because thats possible. 

I think it's the lack of preseason for me as well.  Other years we'd have nearly a full month of , ahem, "spirited discussion" over who outplayed who for #2 or 3 QB or #4 WR etc., but this year we hear hardly anything from camp and see even less.  Hard to have an argument with no visual evidence to argue about. 

Here's what sucks: I think many of us will have some modicum of excitement come NFL Sunday morning. But we play the Packers at home with no home field advantage with no fans there and if the Vikings get beat, it just removes and body slams any potential thrill of game day. lol. Sigh. 

[Image: open-uri20160811-32147-1dm69u9_4c7a4236....C600%2C600]