Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
See the Kubiak quote about Nate Stanley?
Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
I like Stanley as a prospect. Most of the games I watched of him over the years were primarily bowl games or rivals. In those games I really liked his drive.

Accuracy is his big issue, but I’d put an asterisk on that. He makes some exceptional spot throws on time downfield. At the same time his downfield accuracy can be sporadic. At least to me, I’d describe him as inconsistent more than inaccurate. The talent is there, but he needs time. He played in a pro offense, but I’d describe it as old school from the games I watched. More heavy run to pass. 
Overall as a prospect, Stanley is intriguing. He has a strong arm and overall talent to play at the NFL level. His ability to end up as a solid backup or a good starter in the league will come down to his ability to improve his downfield accuracy. Kirk Cousins and the Vikings coaching staff are an ideal situation for his development in my opinion. I hope he does well. 
From a strictly arm talent perspective, he's one of the best developmental guys the Vikings have drafted or signed as an UDFA in a long time, his arm is big time. He's a big, strong kid. He played in the Big 10 conference. He's been in Bowl games. He seems to be pretty calm and extremely smart. He's underrated athletically. Those are the positives. His inconsistency and accuracy issues are why he was drafted in the 7th round: inaccurate guys rarely improve dramatically from college to the pros, and the rare ones that do are SUPER athletes like Mike Vick, Lamar Jackson, etc. 

The word fine is a whole lot of nothing. People say it when they are hiding something. People say it just to fill a void. It doesn't really mean much. Time will tell.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
I've never understood the word "fine." It's a word who's meaning is all over the place. 

Let me help you with that...THIS is fine;

[Image: VO090119_INSIDE_no_coverlines.jpg]

Yes but she need to stick to singing and stay out of the political stuff.

Quote: @mjollnir_k said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
I've never understood the word "fine." It's a word who's meaning is all over the place. 

lol, why?

Judging by the OL they’re prepared to roll out there, I’d say optimism by this coaching staff is running profuse this camp... 

Quote: @Kentis said:
Judging by the OL they’re prepared to roll out there, I’d say optimism by this coaching staff is running profuse this camp... 

Why do you think they asked Stanley to lose weight?  "Look out Na... sorry"

I love me some Taylor Swift also. Sexy and I like her music (ducks tomatoes being thrown). 

Quote: @mjollnir_k said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

Why? She is a citizen of the United States and should be able to express her views freely. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@mjollnir_k said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

Why? She is a citizen of the United States and should be able to express her views freely. 
Agreed. Besides, knowing that she's a progressive made her sexier in my opinion. :-) I think the sentiment from mjollnir comes from the "shut up and ______" crowd led by Laura Ingraham, who showed her hypocrisy by telling basketball players like LeBron James expressing support to BLM to "shut up and dribble," but when Drew Brees expressed a political opinion, she said "he’s allowed to have his view...this is beyond football."

There's a couple of gals here that think Danielle Hunter and Harrison Smith are "fine". Maybe they could chime in with whether or not Nate Stanley is looking "fine"