Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ramping Up...
Quote: @StickyBun said:
This is the kind of shit that will undermine the best plans:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/seaha...er-report/
The old cornerback sneak!

So Dunbar still on team?... but this guy cut for being thirsty? 
Well thats about par for the farce which is the NFL.  

Quote: @Kentis said:
@MaroonBells said:
Really looking forward to seeing that first depth chart for the OL. 

5 Observations: Vikings Unveil New-Look Offensive Line, Cornerback Group
1. A new-look line
After much chatter and speculation in recent weeks, here is how the Vikings lined up to start Friday's practice along the first-team offensive line.
Riley Reiff was at left tackle, while the combination of Dakota Dozier and Aviante Collins split time at left guard. Garrett Bradbury was at center while the right side of the line was made up of guard Pat Elflein and tackle Brian O'Neill.
This would be another position switch for Elflein, who started 15 games at left guard in 2019 and started at center from 2017-18. Rashod Hill also received a handful of first-team snaps at both tackle spots throughout practice.
The second-team line, from left to right, consisted of: Hill, rookie Ezra Cleveland, Brett Jones, Dru Samia and Oli Udoh. The third-team was Blake Brandel, Collins, Jake Lacina, Kyle Hinton and Brady Aiello. All but Collins out of that lineup are rookies.
Dozier was the star in 1-on-1 pass rush drills, holding his own twice against Hercules Mata'afa. Jones also stood out twice against David Moa.

https://www.vikings.com/news/5-observations-vikings-unveil-new-look-offensive-line-cornerback-group
OK, so what we heard earlier was either wrong or it has completely changed. Right now, it appears as if Dozier, Collins and Cleveland are competing at LG, while Elflein, Samia and Hinton are competing at RG.

I like the fact that Elflein and Samia are competing straight up. That's a competition Samia can win. Competition on the other side looks good too. 

Hinton is getting reps at RT, but I think he eventually moves to center. 

Looks like Udoh is staying at RT, which is probably a good thing. It allows Hill to work soley at LT, where he's been much better. 

Look at this practice field. I'd bet it's a better playing surface than any surface the Vikings played their games on from '62 to USB. 

https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/stat...14341?s=20

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Kentis said:
@MaroonBells said:
Really looking forward to seeing that first depth chart for the OL. 

5 Observations: Vikings Unveil New-Look Offensive Line, Cornerback Group
1. A new-look line
After much chatter and speculation in recent weeks, here is how the Vikings lined up to start Friday's practice along the first-team offensive line.
Riley Reiff was at left tackle, while the combination of Dakota Dozier and Aviante Collins split time at left guard. Garrett Bradbury was at center while the right side of the line was made up of guard Pat Elflein and tackle Brian O'Neill.
This would be another position switch for Elflein, who started 15 games at left guard in 2019 and started at center from 2017-18. Rashod Hill also received a handful of first-team snaps at both tackle spots throughout practice.
The second-team line, from left to right, consisted of: Hill, rookie Ezra Cleveland, Brett Jones, Dru Samia and Oli Udoh. The third-team was Blake Brandel, Collins, Jake Lacina, Kyle Hinton and Brady Aiello. All but Collins out of that lineup are rookies.
Dozier was the star in 1-on-1 pass rush drills, holding his own twice against Hercules Mata'afa. Jones also stood out twice against David Moa.

https://www.vikings.com/news/5-observations-vikings-unveil-new-look-offensive-line-cornerback-group
OK, so what we heard earlier was either wrong or it has completely changed. Right now, it appears as if Dozier, Collins and Cleveland are competing at LG, while Elflein, Samia and Hinton are competing at RG.

I like the fact that Elflein and Samia are competing straight up. That's a competition Samia can win. Competition on the other side looks good too. 

Hinton is getting reps at RT, but I think he eventually moves to center. 

Looks like Udoh is staying at RT, which is probably a good thing. It allows Hill to work soley at LT, where he's been much better. 
I think it was wrong...  the Tomasson tweet that took off about Cleveland being switched to RG didn't sound accurate based Kubiak's actual quote.

He said they tried him at RG to see how he would hold up in a situation that was new to him.  Basically wanted to see what he was capable of right away and scale back as they moved closer to padded practices.

I'm guessing they feel like he will be a backup G with everything that has gone on this season...  doesn't hurt to see if he has some positional flexibility.  That said, I hope they just keep him at LG since he is likely the heir apparent to Reiff as soon as next year.