Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Absentee Ballots, Calling the election...
Quote: @AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
Lots of discussion on this already...I think the American public might need to brace ourselves for a wait on outcome, like waiting for days...

Unless it's a landslide for team blue or red.  

Could be a "cluster"
Not just a cluster but a constitutional crisis. Trump's base of victims, conspiracy believers, white supremacists, militia and tea party types are not going to go quietly into that good night. 

And if there's a delay in the decision, the more that will feed into whatever narrative of wrongdoing they decide to craft. Assuming Trump loses (and, no, I'm not assuming that), we're going to need real patriots on the Republican side of things to step up and be Americans. 

Otherwise, we're going to get the race war that smart people like the Boogaloos and Charlie Manson wanted. 

Meanwhile, Putin sits back and smiles at the work he's done. 

If you think Biden is going to be some sort of improvement you're only kidding yourself. 
100% unequivocally he has to be. Nobody could be worse. Its the lowest bar to reach ever.

And yet the bar you've gone with is right there with him.  To me its honestly a coin flip.  I guess the one thing you might have going for you is when yall vote Biden in he's just going to be the figure head like when Bush 2.0 was in.  He'll say the stuff at the press conferences but it'll be the cronies behind closed doors making all the decisions. 
This isn't about me. Its not like Biden is MY candidate. We absolutely know what we have in Trump: a walking talking shit show. The worst. You can GUESS that Biden could be bad but you don't know. But what you should know as a human being is that Trump is a disgusting POS. If you can vote for him again than you get to look in the mirror. Once I get. But now that we've seen and know and you want to re-elect him?? 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
Lots of discussion on this already...I think the American public might need to brace ourselves for a wait on outcome, like waiting for days...

Could be a "cluster"
Not just a cluster but a constitutional crisis. Trump's base of victims, conspiracy believers, white supremacists, militia and tea party types are not going to go quietly into that good night. 

And if there's a delay in the decision, the more that will feed into whatever narrative of wrongdoing they decide to craft. Assuming Trump loses (and, no, I'm not assuming that), we're going to need real patriots on the Republican side of things to step up and be Americans. 

Otherwise, we're going to get the race war that smart people like the Boogaloos and Charlie Manson wanted. 

If you think Biden is going to be some sort of improvement you're only kidding yourself. 
100% unequivocally he has to be. Nobody could be worse. Its the lowest bar to reach ever.

And yet the bar you've gone with is right there with him.  To me its honestly a coin flip.  I guess the one thing you might have going for you is when yall vote Biden in he's just going to be the figure head like when Bush 2.0 was in.  He'll say the stuff at the press conferences but it'll be the cronies behind closed doors making all the decisions. 
This isn't about me. Its not like Biden is MY candidate. We absolutely know what we have in Trump: a walking talking shit show. The worst. You can GUESS that Biden could be bad but you don't know. But what you should know as a human being is that Trump is a disgusting POS. If you can vote for him again than you get to look in the mirror. Once I get. But now that we've seen and know and you want to re-elect him?? 
I didnt vote for Trump the first time.  But if you held a gun to my head Id take him for four more over giving team blue all three branches. I NEVER want either team to hold all three and I think blue will take the senate. 

Biden has said and done pretty much everything Trump has said and done. The quotes are out there to read if you want. You know he’s a racist. You know he’s a creep. You know he’s going to say stupid shit all the time. 
At least Trump is just bumbaling through this. Bidens cabinet will go to the highest bidder. He will be the Bush 2.0 of the democratic party where he will have the title but will make no decisions. 

So yeah, if I’m forced to take an evil, Ill take the devil I know. 

@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Could be a "cluster"

I didnt vote for Trump the first time.  But if you held a gun to my head Id take him for four more over giving team blue all three branches. I NEVER want either team to hold all three and I think blue will take the senate. 

Biden has said and done pretty much everything Trump has said and done. The quotes are out there to read if you want. You know he’s a racist. You know he’s a creep. You know he’s going to say stupid shit all the time. 
At least Trump is just bumbaling through this. Bidens cabinet will go to the highest bidder. He will be the Bush 2.0 of the democratic party where he will have the title but will make no decisions. 

Ridiculous. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Could be a "cluster"

Ridiculous. 
What part?  It's not constructive to just say something demeaning and leaving it at that.

Let’s be honest. 
Biden is no one’s candidate.  No
one is excited about Biden.  They just
want the craziness to stop.  The people
that are voting for Biden would probably vote for a pineapple or a ficus, anything
that’s not Trump.  I think the main story
of this election is not “Which candidate is worse?”, because it’s not obvious
as they’re virtually identical except for the media framing and Trump is in your
face while Biden hides it between his senior moments, but the real story is “How
do we always end up with 2 bad candidates?”. 
We clearly saw Bernie Sanders as being the only democrat candidate that anyone
was really passionate for, and then we saw how the establishment just pushed
him out.  If you think there’s any
democracy left in this country, it’s not in the democratic party right now.

I think you can clearly see the parties splitting into the
factions they really are:  the
establishment which serves the elites over the people and the populist groups
that are attempting to serve the people.   The real thing we need to be focused on is
how do we not end up in this position again? 
I think the left (with their cancel culture and their pitchfork mobs),
as well as the part of the right too, has made it politically impossible to have
good candidates anymore.  There is no one
who will be willing to fight for the people, because the people are so toxic to
all who serve them.  The only people who
are willing to participate are going to be sociopaths.

I think the first step to having a government that we care
about and that cares about us is to stop pointing pitchforks at other
people.  It’s like the media has trained
us to point fingers at people.  As long
as we’re pointing fingers at people, we aren’t worried about how to fix the system,
and as long as we’re pointing fingers at other citizens, we’re not going to be
able to start the discussions about fixing our broken systems.  We need to accept that we’re going to have to
focus on policies and on getting subpar people to implement the policies that will
work for all of us.

Maybe I'm just being naive and stupid, but even in this toxic time, I have hope for tomorrow...We're due for a bright individual who can unite and inspire.

It wont happen with whomever is elected next (lord knows how long that will take and the angst that will accompany it).

But for me? This election is about the lesser of evil & bad vs who's great.

I think when the truth comes out about the Trump presidency, how incompetent he truly is at his job, its going to shock many and confirm among the rest.

Quote: @medaille said:
Let’s be honest. 
that are voting for Biden would probably vote for a pineapple or a ficus, anything
as they’re virtually identical except for the media framing and Trump is in your
face while Biden hides it between his senior moments, but the real story is “How

that are attempting to serve the people.   The real thing we need to be focused on is
as well as the part of the right too, has made it politically impossible to have

as we’re pointing fingers at people, we aren’t worried about how to fix the system,
able to start the discussions about fixing our broken systems.  We need to accept that we’re going to have to
focus on policies and on getting subpar people to implement the policies that will
work for all of us.

Amen, I had this conversation with a liberal friend last night.  How have we gone so far down the rabbit hole that Trump got the nomination in the first place and the Democrats couldn't bring ANYONE to the table not once but TWICE to challenge him. 

Hillary is/was one of the most unlikable and corrupt politician to ever be on a ticket and Biden is at best marginally less corrupt?
Thats the Democrats plan?  Lets say on a made up likeable scale that Trump is like what a 1.0.  Hillary was a .99 and Biden is what 1.00000001?  I mean really?????  Team blue has had +4 years of hate brewing in their veins for Trump with the medias undivided assistance and Biden is the best you were able to come up with?????  Biden????  Really????

So here's one for you.  My Dad has kinda gone off the rails a bit in conspiracy theories.  He says Biden will either not actually get the nomination or will be replaced right before the election. 

If this happened would you vote for his replacement? 

So here's one for you.  My Dad has kinda gone off the rails a bit in conspiracy theories.  He says Biden will either not actually get the nomination or will be replaced right before the election. 

If this happened would you vote for his replacement? 
I think it depends a lot on the dynamics of the
election.  If it’s purely Trump vs
Democrat, it doesn’t really matter who they’ve got on the ticket, because the
democrats are just voting against Trump. 
If there’s a semi-viable 3rd party candidate, that changes
everything.  If the progressive left has
to choose between a candidate they actively like, Biden, and Trump that is
entirely different.  Biden’s only really
viable in a Trump vs Biden competition and I don’t think he was viable until
Trump bungled the Covid and Floyd events. 
That said, I don’t think Biden really wants to do this.  I think he wants to retire, but the
establishment is pushing him forward.

I’ve been saying that Biden will get replaced before the
election for a while, but I think if the current polls continue, I think he’ll
get replaced after the election. 
Whatever looks more likely to getting Trump out.  If he starts getting too much negative press
coverage or if Sanders was a 3rd party candidate, they’d replace him
before the election.

@medaille said:
Let’s be honest. 

work for all of us.

Amen, I had this conversation with a liberal friend last night.  How have we gone so far down the rabbit hole that Trump got the nomination in the first place and the Democrats couldn't bring ANYONE to the table not once but TWICE to challenge him. 

Hillary is/was one of the most unlikable and corrupt politician to ever be on a ticket and Biden is at best marginally less corrupt?
Thats the Democrats plan?  Lets say on a made up likeable scale that Trump is like what a 1.0.  Hillary was a .99 and Biden is what 1.00000001?  I mean really?????  Team blue has had +4 years of hate brewing in their veins for Trump with the medias undivided assistance and Biden is the best you were able to come up with?????  Biden????  Really????
I think you have to look at this as the establishment
democrats are different than the people who vote democrat.  The citizens didn’t choose Biden.  The establishment chose Biden.  The establishment has a list of acceptable
candidates that are willing to do their bidding for money and power.  If you’re not on it you get weeded out in the
primaries.  Gabbert and Yang were pushed
out by not being allowed to debate, and to be disappeared off Google.  Sanders was pushed out by all the establishment
candidates coordinating their efforts 
and backing out at the same time to ensure Biden won.

I think Sanders would have a good chance at winning as a 3rd
party candidate right now with how bad Trump and Biden look.  He would just have to tone down the socialist
talk and talk about doing the will of the people.