Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Brees still doesn't get it

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"pumpf" said:
You're right, he doesn't.  He doesn't get the fact that he's not entitled to his own opinion.  He's only allowed to publicly state that which is approved by his PC overlords.

God forbid he ever point out the fact that there is no statistical basis for Kaepernick's claims... or those of BLM!  (That's according to Obama's Justice Dept. by the way)

And, before you attack me for being a racist (because, of course, anyone who DOESN'T agree with Kaepernick or BLM is automatically racist), would you do me the favor of posting some actual statistics to support your claims?  
here you pumpf

https://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2019/the-truth-behind-racial-disparities-in-fatal-police-shootings/
hahaha what a clown show.  CKs stance is about police brutality, minority cops are still COPS.  This is all about police power abuse.  The lens we are observing it through right now is racism.   If cops were shooting and killing, beating up and abusing women, this would be about excessive police brutaltiy through the lens of women. 

Now for Colin, it seems he would fight for his own people because he can relate to his own, no different than you and I with white experience. 

the article proves that the police are brutal when it comes to killing americans every single day in this country.  anyone with a brain and no bias can see this

You dont need to prove to me that Derek Chauvin hated black people for me to believe he was a bad cop and a murderer. He was an asshole to everyone based on his record. 

forest through the trees here

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"greediron" said:
Dang, now I actually have some respect for Brees.  And confirms what I thought about Thomas as well, cheap shot artist.
Kaep was pouting because he wasn't starting so he was making a fuss to get out of his contract.  He wanted to become a distraction.  He didn't start kneeling, he was just sitting to create drama.  Then eventually he made a cause out of it.  I wonder if the "cause" was even his idea?
respect for Brees but no respect the actual US miltary members, including Green Beret Nate Boyer who actually agree with Kaepnerick?

Did you lose respect for those members because of their stance?

You seem to love putting words into the mouths of others.  So Boyer convinced him to kneel rather than be an ass and sit?  That proves the point, he was sitting to be make a scene and then adjusted his stance to become a cause.  But why for the presentation of the flag if it wasn't about the flag.  Why didn't he kneel for the whole game to protest social injustice?  He wasn't playing.  Why not kneel in front of the police station if police brutality was the issue?
Again, he wanted to force his way out and because the money lovin NFL takes money to look like they support the military and have requirements about the national anthem, he used that to make his scene.  If it wasn't about the flag, why did he call out the flag as somehow representing police brutality.
And back to Brees, he answered a question about players kneeling, to which he gave an honest answer, "I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country.” 

What is so bad with disagreeing with kneeling for the anthem?  He cannot have an opinion?  Like I said, I have a bit of respect for him because he didn't spout some bullshit PC press release like all these corporations are doing right now.

And for what it is worth, I agree that we should be protesting police brutality, police harassment, and the increasing military police state.  I don't like where much of police forces are going with military equipment and suspending our freedoms.  I abhor the fact that a man, any man could be held cuffed on the ground for that long, for seemingly no reason, and be treated as disposable when he was obviously non-responsive.  I just can't fathom that.  And it happens too often, not just to black men, but to many citizens.  There are many good cops, some that post here on an off, but abusive cops should be brought to justice.  Edit:  I will add, shooting good cops and destructive rioting are not bringing any sort of justice, in fact they are hastening the coming police state.

For me, it isn't a racial thing, it is a power thing and I fear what the government in times of crisis will do with their expanding power. These actions do not belong in a country of free people.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I HATE liking you! 

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/12...41248?s=20

quoting Rodger?  You are not helping your cause... Smile

Quote: @"greediron" said:

For me, it isn't a racial thing
I'm sure our black brothers and sisters out there are happy to hear that. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:

For me, it isn't a racial thing
I'm sure our black brothers and sisters out there are happy to hear that. 

I am sure journalists are happy to note your adept editing skills.  Do you work for CNN?

Too soon, Drew.  Too soon.

Another too-sooner, Vic Fangio will keep him company in a re-education workshop.  Bets on who backtracks first?
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/6/02/broncos-vic-fangio-i-dont-see-racism-in-the-nfl/

Tensions are super high everywhere...

I used to believe the NFL (and MLB + NBA) locker-rooms were about as racist free as you could find in good olde america. 

I'm not so sure anymore. The political and ideological divide is grand canyon sized in this country.