Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Vikings 'very much' in the mix for Trent Williams
Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Brez is going to have to do more magic with the money if this happens.
They can do it if they trade Anthony Harris. And if Reiff is part of the deal, they would have more than enough. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
They can do it if they trade Anthony Harris. And if Reiff is part of the deal, they would have more than enough. 
And then draft Winfield if still there at 58????

or its the redskins trying to drum up interest by saying there is something happening?

not saying we arent in on him,  but I dont know that I believe anything is imminent since we still have tonight to find a LT of the future.  IIRC they were high on the kid from Houston and I dont remember him getting drafted last night?

Might have a clearer picture tonight. If the Vikes move up and draft someone like Josh Jones or Ezra Cleveland, I don't think they'll be in on Williams anymore.

But I would think we would have to move pretty far up to get Jones/Cleveland and give up a lot of picks no lower then 40 I suspect.  If we want to get up there we would have to given up 58, 89 and 132 from the valuation chart and I would not want to do that all not even remotely.  I want our OL draft focused on Guard, ya know our biggest weakness for about 4 years.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
Or we can designate Reiff as a post-June 1 cut and save 11 million against the cap and keep Harris.

All these trade rumors I heard was if the Vikings do trade for Williams, it will include sending Rieff to Washington to offset the cap space cost to get Williams.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Might have a clearer picture tonight. If the Vikes move up and draft someone like Josh Jones or Ezra Cleveland, I don't think they'll be in on Williams anymore.
I'm hoping we can draft the future stud LT or even RT.  There would be a learning curve, but Williams is an expensive, often injured player who sat out all of last season.  It would be nice if the Vikes could strike gold again this draft like they did with O'Neill.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@PurpleCrush said:
I'm hoping we can draft the future stud LT or even RT.  There would be a learning curve, but Williams is an expensive, often injured player who sat out all of last season.  It would be nice if the Vikes could strike gold again this draft like they did with O'Neill.
Ideally, that's what I'd like too. But Williams would be such an improvement that it'd be hard to say no if all you have to give up is a day 3 pick and say Reiff.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@PurpleCrush said:
I have to think Rick is still thinking this way or it would have been a done deal already today if the team is hell bent on moving on from Reiff.  There has to be somebody else they like and are waiting to pull the trigger until they are out of options.... or its all smoke, or the skins are on crack with their demands (which is most likely considering the city)