Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Check Is In The Mail And Other Lies/Rumors For Draft Week
Quote: @FSUVike said:
@pumpf said:
Anybody who moves up to take a WR is a fool.  
Why? The Draft is loaded with WRs with potential, but the consensus is there are only 3 Blue Chip kids. If your biggest need is Receiver and you have a kid profiled favorably to DeAndre Hopkins why wouldn't you move up to get him? Why settle for a 3rd Round kid that profiles as a Phillip Dorsett or Brandin Cooks level player?
might be because WR is one of the highest risk positions in terms of busting in the first round, and its crazy how many times later round receivers end up being the best of their draft?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@FSUVike said:
@pumpf said:
Why? The Draft is loaded with WRs with potential, but the consensus is there are only 3 Blue Chip kids. If your biggest need is Receiver and you have a kid profiled favorably to DeAndre Hopkins why wouldn't you move up to get him? Why settle for a 3rd Round kid that profiles as a Phillip Dorsett or Brandin Cooks level player?
might be because WR is one of the highest risk positions in terms of busting in the first round, and its crazy how many times later round receivers end up being the best of their draft?
 I get that but you can say the same thing for QB, LT, etc. If you trust your Board and you have 3 guys with an Elite Grade and the rest with Good then you move up to get your guy.

@JimmyinSD said:
@FSUVike said:
@pumpf said:
 I get that but you can say the same thing for QB, LT, etc. If you trust your Board and you have 3 guys with an Elite Grade and the rest with Good then you move up to get your guy.
actually OT is among the safest positions to pick in the first round, but yes there is risk at every position,  just that the success of WR from other rounds is greater in success rate than other positions so with this draft being "loaded" with WR,   odds should be in your favor that one of the lesser ranked guys works out vs those blue chips that you identified.

IMO, unless there is a freak,  Calvin Johnson type,  receiver sitting there... I am not moving up for him.  same goes for RB.   some positions are just to easy to find servicable talent at and IMO those are the ones I wouldnt move up in the first to grab unless its just one spot or two.

@pumpf said:
I don't think there are any elite receivers in this class. But I think there are as many as 10 very good prospects that are clustered together between, say, 15 and 50. A couple will go before 15 and a couple after 50, but that's sort of how I see their value as it relates to other classes. 

[Image: ITrdDgDl_normal.jpg]
Natalie Egenolf
@NatalieEgenolf
· 2h
Source is telling me Alabama WR Jerry Jeudy‘s draft stock may drop due to reported knee issues that haven’t been disclosed yet. Jeudy underwent surgery for a meniscus injury in 2018. #NFLDraft2020

Based on the rumors I'm seeing, we can stay put and end up with Kinlaw and Jeudy.

Also, Kate Upton wants to have a baby with me. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Natalie Egenolf
@NatalieEgenolf
· 2h
Source is telling me Alabama WR Jerry Jeudy‘s draft stock may drop due to reported knee issues that haven’t been disclosed yet. Jeudy underwent surgery for a meniscus injury in 2018. #NFLDraft2020
i have a source that says her source is a low level team employee that  is very interested in Jeudys talents on their roster.

Natalie Egenolf
@NatalieEgenolf
· 2h
My sources (the voices inside my head) tell me this was once a concern among teams but is no longer, and this person is just now getting wind of it. 

Natalie Egenolf
@NatalieEgenolf
· 2h
There is some truth that Jeudy could be the last of the top trio of receivers to be drafted. But it has nothing to do with his medicals. 

JERRY JEUDYWR, COLLEGE PLAYER[Image: 14888.jpg]
The Colorado Springs Gazette's Woody Paige reports the Broncos could be looking to trade into the Top 10 for Alabama WR Jerry Jeudy in next week's draft.It's the same thing NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah reported in his most recent Move the Sticks podcast. Broncos GM John Elway is clearly high on Jeudy, and while it would be wise to sit back and allow what's being touted as the deepest wide receiver class in history to simply fall where they may, the organization is doing a poor job of keeping their cards close to the vest. Oklahoma's CeeDee Lamb, Alabama's Henry Ruggs, and Jeudy are all expected to hear their names called at some point between picks 8-16, but the ongoing mystery of exactly where they land is what continues to make this year's draft the Wild West.
RELATED: 
You mean Henry Ruggs Woody? (cough cough)