Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The King of South Dakota Requests that this STIMULUS RELATED QUESTION be asked here:
Well it shows that other people can decide the (moving) line between what is permissible or not with other people’s bodies.  Why can’t people just admit this is being hypocritical if women who are pregnant are not given $500.  You can’t count it as a life if you are going to protect it but not pay for it.   You can only get money if the child was out of the womb before the checks go out?

It’s hypocrisy at it’s finest.  

As someone who doesn’t want government intrusion on what I do, what I have, what I believe in, no I don’t think the government should be able to tell humans what to do with their bodies.  It’s not my right nor theirs.  I don’t agree with late term abortions, we should have a better system to assist those who are in that situation, versus shaming them/forcing them to go to other states/forcing them to have it and ultimately keep it.

Everyone gives a damn about that fetus until it’s out of the womb, when it’s out, particularly if it is not white and Christian (statistics, not stereotyping), then who gives a shit, cut WIC, cut sensible resources, cut entitlements.

Moving the goalposts based on a belief system for legislative policy seems to be quite flawed and this is a shining example of it.

Quote: @PSBLAKE said:
This is one of the most bizarre, supposedly gotcha, questions ever.  I do not think non-citizens should get a stimulous check either.  But that does not make non-citizans any less human and should not be killed either.
uhm... i will let it slide this time, but next time.. before posting,  please remember to take moment and kiss the ring.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Skodin said:
Do pregnant women receive a stimulus check for their child?  Yes or no?  
If no, why not?
really,  because you want to talk about abortion and think you found a clever way to trap pro life people into a position you take a shot at me... you really dont want to be here do you?
No, not particularly.  This is rounding out to be a message board full of midwestern rubes and rural country hayseeds.  Hypocrites at best

Hahaha

Should we support killing illegals that don’t file tax returns too?  Or people that make over 75,000?  How about the poor on welfare who don’t file tax returns.  All of these people don’t collect 1,200.

And for the record, The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004(Public Law 108-212) is a United States law which recognizes an embryo or fetus in utero as a legal victim, if they are injured or killed during the commission of any of over 60 listed federal crimes of violence. 

Quote: @Skodin said:

@JimmyinSD said:
@Skodin said:
If no, why not?
really,  because you want to talk about abortion and think you found a clever way to trap pro life people into a position you take a shot at me... you really dont want to be here do you?
No, not particularly.  This is rounding out to be a message board full of midwestern rubes and rural country hayseeds.  Hypocrites at best
then why be here... just leave if you are only here to toss insults... no skin off my ass.  if you dont have enough self control to stay away, then just ask and I will reset your status so you cant read or post in here.  its up to you,  but if you cant be decent it wont be your decision and this is the last we talk about it.

Well it shows that other people can decide the (moving) line between what is permissible or not with other people’s bodies.  Why can’t people just admit this is being hypocritical if women who are pregnant are not given $500.  You can’t count it as a life if you are going to protect it but not pay for it.   You can only get money if the child was out of the womb before the checks go out?

As someone who doesn’t want government intrusion on what I do, what I have, what I believe in, no I don’t think the government should be able to tell humans what to do with their bodies.  It’s not my right nor theirs.  I don’t agree with late term abortions, we should have a better system to assist those who are in that situation, versus shaming them/forcing them to go to other states/forcing them to have it and ultimately keep it.

Everyone gives a damn about that fetus until it’s out of the womb, when it’s out, particularly if it is not white and Christian (statistics, not stereotyping), then who gives a shit, cut WIC, cut sensible resources, cut entitlements.

Moving the goalposts based on a belief system for legislative policy seems to be quite flawed and this is a shining example of it.

Nope, nice try.  Since the government obviously established ground rules for who receives a check, it is up to them to set the parameters for those accepting the checks.  If you are over 17? no check either.  Or are you saying they aren't a person according to your standard? 

Why do you hate almost adults?  Enjoy being assaulted by your own moving goalpost?  Some arguments are just moronic.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Skodin said:

Nope, nice try.  Since the government obviously established ground rules for who receives a check, it is up to them to set the parameters for those accepting the checks.  If you are over 17? no check either.  Or are you saying they aren't a person according to your standard? 

Why do you hate almost adults?  Enjoy being assaulted by your own moving goalpost?  Some arguments are just moronic.
I think he needs a cheeseburger. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@Skodin said:
If no, why not?
And yet you are not able to defend your premise against their logic.  You can't even answer the question that I posed to you.  Hmmmm....

Quote: @pumpf said:
@Skodin said:

@JimmyinSD said:
@Skodin said:
If no, why not?
And yet you are not able to defend your premise against their logic.  You can't even answer the question that I posed to you.  Hmmmm....
Literally one of the worst false equivelancies I have ever seen.  No logic or point to it at all easily debunked by such simple responses. Just shaking my head honestly more embarrased for him than anything else. 

Has anyone actually answered the question?  lol

It should depend on how pregnant said woman is. The stimulus is a prepaid 2020 tax credit. If you were to make over the limit but got paid you’d need to pay it back when you file your 2020 taxes. So...logic would dictate that if you had a baby anytime between now and January 1 2021 said baby would be eligible.