Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kingbash
Quote: @KingBash said:
Having said that... I'm welcome back on the board,  and meanwhile the pro-Trump lunatics are allowed to run wild in the CV thread, pushing medically dangerous conspiracy theories and blind-allegiance to an administration (and a certain state TV network) that spent weeks ignoring and downplaying. 

Just feel free to remove me again please. There's no point in conversing with such dangerously ill-informed people. This country will rebound from the epidemic, but politically we're done. There are two Americas, and they loathe one another. There's no coming back from this.
KB, hang in there man. I share the same fears that you mention. But we need each other to survive. I had myself removed from the other board to preserve my own peace, but this forum is pretty well moderated. Hope is not lost if we remain tolerant of each other under the most trying of times

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@KingBash said:
Having said that... I'm welcome back on the board,  and meanwhile the pro-Trump lunatics are allowed to run wild in the CV thread, pushing medically dangerous conspiracy theories and blind-allegiance to an administration (and a certain state TV network) that spent weeks ignoring and downplaying. 

Just feel free to remove me again please. There's no point in conversing with such dangerously ill-informed people. This country will rebound from the epidemic, but politically we're done. There are two Americas, and they loathe one another. There's no coming back from this.
KB, hang in there man. I share the same fears that you mention. But we need each other to survive. I had myself removed from the other board to preserve my own peace, but this forum is pretty well moderated. Hope is not lost if we remain tolerant of each other under the most trying of times
I just simply disagree about needing them. There's a hashtag going around called #filmyourhospital showing the Fox/Trump crowd driving through hospital parking lots filming to prove there isn't pandemonium. I saw one earlier where the guy's like, "See? Where are all the tents we heard about." And then he turns a corner and there are literally huge tents and he goes, "Okay, so there's the tents. Supposedly!"

Hahaha, no I don't need people like that. It's not a civil discussion anymore, it's tolerating people with a serious disconnect. 

Sounds like you got good self-awareness KB...

If those threads add to the high anxiety we've all already got? Stay the F away from em! 

I don't do this like, at all. But I'm going to.

I don't value an opinion on anything political, religious, or really anything other than what I why I communicate with people online specifically for. 

I value opinions on Facebook related to my hobbies; buying oil & gas advertising ala the American Pickers, playing guitar, having a weird cat, etc. I'll accept a friend request from those that have a lot of connections with my friends. 

I've unfollowed like 40 people in the last 2 weeks with today being the largest number. Why should I give a fuck about where you stand on anything when our main connection is that you sold me a porcelain sign from a Buick Dealership from the 50s?  Why should I care about your opinions on anything other than how to play that impossible solo we're dialogueing about from Freewill by Rush? Just because we went to High School together doesn't mean I need to know anything other than how you and your family are doing. 

And just because we're Vikings fans why should I give two shits what you think about what goes on in the OT threads? Sure, I poke into the Entertainment stuff here and there. But no matter how much I agree with you about Sports there's zero percentage chance I'm watching that Tiger King thing on Netflix. Zero. Percent. Chance. 

I consume Social Media in the ways that align with why I'm on each platform that I use. Why there are even OT threads on a site about Football and why you'd even read them is beyond me. Unless you're specifically looking for a fight or validation. 

I can end all of that. Acknowledge that I'm always right about everything other than Football and we don't ever need to have OT threads again Wink

Sorry for the catharsit rant. It seemed safer to do it here with people I respect than on Facebook where it could cost me a chance to buy more signs or have someone teach me that ridiculous legato + picking thing Alex Lifeson does in all the Rush songs I'm forced to learn.

Quote: @KingBash said:
@Bullazin said:
@KingBash said:

I just simply disagree about needing them. There's a hashtag going around called #filmyourhospital showing the Fox/Trump crowd driving through hospital parking lots filming to prove there isn't pandemonium. I saw one earlier where the guy's like, "See? Where are all the tents we heard about." And then he turns a corner and there are literally huge tents and he goes, "Okay, so there's the tents. Supposedly!"

Hahaha, no I don't need people like that. It's not a civil discussion anymore, it's tolerating people with a serious disconnect. 
LMAO. 

Quote: @FSUVike said:
I don't do this like, at all. But I'm going to.

I don't value an opinion on anything political, religious, or really anything other than what I why I communicate with people online specifically for. 

I value opinions on Facebook related to my hobbies; buying oil & gas advertising ala the American Pickers, playing guitar, having a weird cat, etc. I'll accept a friend request from those that have a lot of connections with my friends. 

I've unfollowed like 40 people in the last 2 weeks with today being the largest number. Why should I give a fuck about where you stand on anything when our main connection is that you sold me a porcelain sign from a Buick Dealership from the 50s?  Why should I care about your opinions on anything other than how to play that impossible solo we're dialogueing about from Freewill by Rush? Just because we went to High School together doesn't mean I need to know anything other than how you and your family are doing. 

And just because we're Vikings fans why should I give two shits what you think about what goes on in the OT threads? Sure, I poke into the Entertainment stuff here and there. But no matter how much I agree with you about Sports there's zero percentage chance I'm watching that Tiger King thing on Netflix. Zero. Percent. Chance. 

I consume Social Media in the ways that align with why I'm on each platform that I use. Why there are even OT threads on a site about Football and why you'd even read them is beyond me. Unless you're specifically looking for a fight or validation. 

I can end all of that. Acknowledge that I'm always right about everything other than Football and we don't ever need to have OT threads again Wink

Sorry for the catharsit rant. It seemed safer to do it here with people I respect than on Facebook where it could cost me a chance to buy more signs or have someone teach me that ridiculous legato + picking thing Alex Lifeson does in all the Rush songs I'm forced to learn.
Speaking only to the social media angle of your post, I agree. Social media is dangerous at worst, and just kind of gross at best. When Facebook started 15 years ago, we would share pictures of ourselves doing keg stands, share info about parties, inside jokes... now it's just a soap box for everybody to spout off on anything they think is interesting.

I'll come across political posts from people that I disagree with as well as people that I'd vote alongside. Both are disappointing in the sense that it's all so self-indulgent, it's surprising to me how almost nobody has any modesty anymore. And yes, I realize the irony of typing out a diatribe against people who lack modesty.

Same goes for almost all internet forums. While the CV thread probably started with good intentions, like everything else it's just a cesspool of misinformation and not-so-subtle political agendas. Again, it's why I said feel free to ban me again ha. There's little (or no) Vikings football news to share, ALL the information relating to the pandemic is accessible through Google, Reddit, Twitter, etc... and while it's fun to watch the parade of delusion from VBob and Janitor, it's also seriously troubling that a large portion of the US population believes they have a better grasp on this than medical experts and statisticians.

It is maddening.  I stay away from certain topics and posters for a few months and then read something so profoundly stupid and untrue I can’t help myself.  A few people here are so steeped in koolaid and brainwashed to the point they reject any and all information that disagrees with their own political bias, regardless if it’s true. 

Truth does not matter anymore.

Facts are irrelevant.  

Most people are too stupid, uneducated and un-informed to understand the difference.

But that’s to be expected from Trump’s rural base.  What is more disturbing are the people who are smart enough, educated enough to know the difference between fact and bullshit, but willingly turn away from truth because it disagrees with their political beliefs.  That to me is unforgivable.

That’s a sad cultural change that’s done permanent damage to our society.  Too many Trump supporters willingly believe a serial liar with thousands of verified, documented lies and accuse the media and anyone who speaks truth to power of being the liars.

Somewhere in the last 3-4 years American society crossed a line and I don’t think we will ever be the same.  

Hang in there KB, I’d buy you a beer.

SF - I get the anger.

We're on the same side of the political spectrum on 99% of the issues...

But why just light the fuse again?

Heck, I'm guilty of it too, I'm trying to limit my politics to "that other board"  

At least out of respect for all the fans here who want nothing to do with it, but rather want an escape from it.

B) 

Oh, for f***'s sake...

SF, shut off the self-righteous BS.  Our current liar-in-chief was preceded by history's greatest drone murderer.  He showed open racial bias...when did you ever see him get Eric Holder on a plane for a murder of anyone but a Black person?  He talked about his theoretical son "looking like Trayvon"...a kid that was thrown out of school and his Mom's house for being a pathetic little thug.  Whatever happened between him and Zimmerman (a complete tool, no argument), Obama chose to be part of a ridiculous babble-fest based on BS perceptions.

For that matter...my capacity to have any respect for the modern American left was further trashed by the complete LACK of outrage when most of the pics of "Trump's racist border cages" turned out to be from Obama's time (like many of the cages), and it was full-blown media manipulation.

If I'd been played like that, I'd have been pretty obviously ballistic...loudly.  I didn't see a single syllable on FB, Twitter, anywhere.  It's apparently OK with the modern American left to lie, if it's about the other side.

You have NO moral high ground, whatsoever.  Quit pretending otherwise.

Our prez is a lying, thin-skinned sack of filth that's appointed as much "swamp" as he's supposedly cleaned out, and his fan club is as bizarre as...oh, wait, the previous prez's.

Both fan clubs are the problem, and history tells that story beyond any argument.

Oh, and KB needed to be gone ages ago...and A1J wouldn't be a loss, in my opinion.  I think their combined absence would calm the ST board considerably.