Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick Hits The Market
Why would Minnesota even bark up this tree when they only offered the veteran minimum to Robey-Coleman, a younger, better, healthier player?

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Why would Minnesota even bark up this tree when they only offered the veteran minimum to Robey-Coleman, a younger, better, healthier player?
They haven't offered the vet minimum to everyone. In the case of Robey-Coleman he isn't worth significantly more. Its not like he went to Philly and got a multi-million dollar deal over a few years. He grades well on PFF but isn't exactly as good on film. Serviceable, yes. 

Quote: @FSUVike said:
That's my thought. Kirkpatrick will be 31 in October. I mean, they'll need to sign some dudes to play CB, but I'm guessing there will be some competition out there for him. 

With no OTAs, I think a premium gets placed on guys who have been in Zimmer's system before, even if it was a way back. Imo.

Barr--ya might be on to something

If pierce is able to get the push up the middle . the other end has to cover a helluva lot less

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
With no OTAs, I think a premium gets placed on guys who have been in Zimmer's system before, even if it was a way back. Imo.
You mean all the Zone Zimmer ran in Cincinnati...

Geoff: if Robey-Coleman is only 'serviceable', which not an opinion a lot of pundits agree with, why even offer him at all? It's not like they offered him some lowball number and he signed for way more.

Quote: @Akvike said:
Barr--ya might be on to something

If pierce is able to get the push up the middle . the other end has to cover a helluva lot less
I have a very narrow view of what Pierce will be responsible for. Run downs only. Interior push will hopefully come from a Day 1 pick. Anyone know if Kinlaw has a lousy relationship with an uncle? 

Short of that, I'm thinking Watts might surprise. 

Somebody posted on twitter that there is no excuse for the Vikings to not go and get Dre.

Here was one very good response ...

Let’s add this up, the guy that got replaced by the guys that we didn’t want should be brought onto our team to upgrade the position? Lot to unpack there

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
Somebody posted on twitter that there is no excuse for the Vikings to not go and get Dre.

Here was one very good response ...

Let’s add this up, the guy that got replaced by the guys that we didn’t want should be brought onto our team to upgrade the position? Lot to unpack there
That completely disregards price point though. Apples to apples you're comparing Dre to Trae and if the Vikings had unlimited cap space, of course they would have kept Waynes. Its a valid comment/point but I don't think it is necessarily fair when all things are not equal. 

I would hope that no one is viewing Kirkpatrick as a replacement for Waynes. I see it more like the Terrence Newman signing where he's a veteran corner who can add some stability to secondary. Maybe he ends up starting, but he'd need to compete with younger players. Probably someone that you bring in on a short term deal to prove himself coming off of an injury. Also not comparing him to Newman as a player/teacher just in the sense that he's a vet with experience under Zimmer.