Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Coronavirus Lifestyle Changes
My sentiment echos others here...I think the "other side" of this is going to look different at 3 mos vs 6 mos vs 12 mos post peak. 

It also depends by how much me and/or my loved ones are impacted by this. Or what is available either therapeutically or prophylactically.

Lots of chapters still to unfold, we're not at peak yet.

My post retirement "time kill" has me working in retail with the public. I like people in general and am an extrovert, sociable. But I will be cautious. 

on 3/31/2020 I find it hard to believe I'll be sitting with 63k others @ USB come September...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
My sentiment echos others here...I think the "other side" of this is going to look different at 3 mos vs 6 mos vs 12 mos post peak. 

It also depends by how much me and/or my loved ones are impacted by this. Or what is available either therapeutically or prophylactically.

My post retirement "time kill" has me working in retail with the public. I like people in general and am an extrovert, sociable. But I will be cautious. 

on 3/31/2020 I find it hard to believe I'll be sitting with 63k others @ USB come September...
but you will and you will be grinning from ear to ear.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

I am right there with you. We'll have to wait and see what happens. The important thing is learning from the first wave. There are more peaks yet to come. I am going to continue to do what I can to take care of who I can. There is so much left to unfold. I am glad I am generally a positive person, that has helped a great deal. A change for my son is that he is adding economics as an additional major. I get the CDC and MDH updates through work. I am going to continue to follow the information and let things play out.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Not going to change anything at all....just waiting for this pandemic to end as soon as possible.
This ^. 

Nothing changing. Most of my work is in the great wide open, and many of my activities are the same. You can't get much more social distancing than Adventure motorcycling trips.

Quote: @kmillard said:
Nothing changing. Most of my work is in the great wide open, and many of my activities are the same. You can't get much more social distancing than Adventure motorcycling trips.
try being a small rancher/farmer in South Dakota... i say i may not make any money doing it,  but its cheaper than a therapist.

Doubt I'll change much of anything.   I'm kinda of an anti-social kinda guy anyhow.

I guess my answer is. I don't know.
I'm sure I will start doing stuff again once stuff starts happening. I don't know how long it will take to feel right though.
I was slow coming in. I'll go slow getting back I guess.
This will pass. I'm just worried about a flare up again later.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
I guess my answer is. I don't know.
I'm sure I will start doing stuff again once stuff starts happening. I don't know how long it will take to feel right though.
I was slow coming in. I'll go slow getting back I guess.
This will pass. I'm just worried about a flare up again later.
Its interesting to read about Wuhan these days. Folks are very cautious as restrictions are eased. Part of that is their distrust in the judgement of the govt though. 

I wonder if there will be some changes to let things phase in - restaurants might open but have to change how tables are arranged, keep them spaced 6+ feet, maybe a limit on the number of people at a table? There are some restaurants, one of the steakhouses downtown (Manny's?) where everyone was elbow-to-elbow with the next group that arrived, I think that may never return. Open buffets are probably going to be gone for a while.
If there is no vaccine until early next year, I think restaurants are going to push for some kind of allowances like this to let them reopen this summer. Outside of chains, a lot of independent restaurants will be bankrupt if they lose more than a couple months of business. I've read that some are on the brink just after a couple weeks closed.