Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm a Kirk Cousins fan
This is sounding like a Red Green support group----"I like Kirk Cousins if I have to.  I can change if I have to, I guess."

Don't get me wrong---I like Kirk also and ave said in the past that he flourishes when given protection but really struggles when it breaks down.  The question lies---is this on him or scheme for not having a hotroute in play for these scenarios.

get the ball out.

Sincerely,
Kurt Warner

I'm a fan, as well.  He may end up being better for the team than ol' Burt Favor was.  He's already gotten within one game of the 98ers and the 09ers.

If our o-line would've been decent, I think we get at least one game closer with Cousins.  No QB, I don't care who it is, can really flourish when the interior of the line is just plain bad.

I'll never claim that he's perfect, and I've yet to see a perfect QB or human in my life...so that's not really an issue.  Yes, he needs to keep his nerves under better control, but I feel like he's less scared than hyper-active with determination to prove himself after a sack or otherwise failed play.  I think his determination gets his adrenaline...carbonated.

That said, even the most-worshipped QBs in the league-Brady, Rogers, Wilson, and so on-will make mistakes when they're not in their preferred mental zones.  "Burt" was infamous for making dumber gambles when flustered.  It's why defenses pressure QBs in the first place.

I know that we're historically snake-bit, I know that we throw around terms like "cursed" regularly...but the simple truth is that one team has the luck, strategy, and correct ingredients to win the whole thing any given year.  Wilson and Rogers only were part of that formula once each, so far.  Brady and the Pats are obvious outliers, but we'll see how well they do without each other.

Cousins is a strength, and I'm genuinely excited with all of the veteran coaching on our team right now.  I think he'll benefit from it, and that the losses of players like Diggs will be more than survivable.  I feel really good about this season...assuming that it happens.

I like Cousins. The problem is the cost associated with having him. A window fueled by heavy investment of Draft Capital and Contracts on Defense just closed. There are holes everywhere all the sudden and very little money to do anything about it thanks in part because of what he costs.

Teams Draft the best when they can go BPA. But with no money and serious holes at LG, 3T, CB and WR Minnesota will feel pressure to take a guy to fill one of those holes ahead of a player at say DE that they might have ranked much higher on their Board. That's a terrible way to Draft. 

Quote: @Zanary said:
how are you doing???

On the mend I hope?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Zanary said:
how are you doing???

On the mend I hope?

Thanks tons for your concern!

Muddling through.  I "think" I'm basically dealing with allergies, now, as the season has truly kicked off out here in Washington.

It's been pretty terrifying, I've had a few friends hospitalized with COVID-19 while I've just felt...I dunno, pretty much like I had a late-winter flu.

I hope all touched by this mess around here get through it as well as possible.  As much as I do think the media fear-mongered it a bit, it is VERY real and common sense needs to be widespread, ASAFP.

@purplefaithful said:
@Zanary said:
how are you doing???

On the mend I hope?

Muddling through.  I "think" I'm basically dealing with allergies, now, as the season has truly kicked off out here in Washington.

It's been pretty terrifying, I've had a few friends hospitalized with COVID-19 while I've just felt...I dunno, pretty much like I had a late-winter flu.

I hope all touched by this mess around here get through it as well as possible.  As much as I do think the media fear-mongered it a bit, it is VERY real and common sense needs to be widespread, ASAFP.
I had that same flu and the same 'what if' thoughts a few weeks ago. Glad you're better!

Still playing guitar? I just learned Freewill the other day. Well, not the solo...

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@Zanary said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Zanary said:
how are you doing???

On the mend I hope?

I had that same flu and the same 'what if' thoughts a few weeks ago. Glad you're better!

Still playing guitar? I just learned Freewill the other day. Well, not the solo...
Oh, yeah, still playing...in fact, my guess is that I got exposed to the virus at the last gig I played.  It was packed, and a few people that'd been there showed symptoms before I did.

Any Rush songs are accomplishments to learn, right on!

@purplefaithful said:
@Zanary said:
how are you doing???

On the mend I hope?

Glad to hear it...

Allergies and sinus crud (I hope) are striking us in MN and my kid in La too...I hope thats all it is. 

I like him and think many have pointed out his good qualities.  But as a few say, when he is off, it isn't pretty.  I tend to think more of that was on the OC tho.  Look at the 1st Chicago loss.  Running game wasn't working and Stef couldn't adjust and soon Kirk has 0 confidence in the offensive calls.  Several other games like that, passes sailing, not on target because he doesn't trust the protection or call.
So we could say that when things aren't going according to plan, he struggles.  But what about Denver?  once Stef switched to hurry up, Kirk lit it up.  So again, was it more about the OC or Kirk struggling?