Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buh Bye Trish...
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:
Thank goodness we have drugs that work. 

Now only if everyone can get behind them and not lie about them or ban them. 

The mistepresentations by the media is the hoax fwiw.  Not the virus. 
Plaquenil? 

My understanding is that there still needs to be a more thorough, scientific based approach to ensure it really does work.

Need to control for false positives, appropriate Alpha/Beta error testing etc.

France reversed its position and is now prescribing it.  

So far the success is really good - in NYC.

So if my family gets this virus - I want them to get this drug.  It is already approved and ruled safe.  Been used for decades.  

So why disallow it?

Code:
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2020/03/americas-superb-unappreciated-president-john-perazzo/

Quote: @"A1Janitor" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:

Plaquenil? 

My understanding is that there still needs to be a more thorough, scientific based approach to ensure it really does work.

France reversed its position and is now prescribing it.  

So far the success is really good - in NYC.

So if my family gets this virus - I want them to get this drug.  It is already approved and ruled safe.  Been used for decades.  

So why disallow it?
I edit my original post:

My understanding is that there needs to be a scientific based approach to understanding if it's really effective against  Covid-19 or not.

What success in NYC are you referring to?  My SIL takes Plaquenil for her auto-immune deficiency. 

Dr Fauci would (if infected by Wuhan Coranovirus/have a family member stricken with the Wuhan virus) take hydroxychloroquine (+ azithromycin). 

Admitted, here.  

(go to 6:32 to end)

Dr Fauci would certainly take hydroxy-chloroquine, but preferably under the auspices of a "trial".   

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:

Plaquenil? 

I think in times of people dying... those concerns for false data and the scientific approach needs to be set aside in cases where the drug has already been given approval for treating other things.  Drugs should be here to serve humanity when it needs it,  and I certainly think a global pandemic constitutes a time of need.  Of course I say this and when they find out these drugs are given to covid patients and that causes the zombie mutation... I will most certainly want to know who to blame. Wink

Well about the folks with Lupus, Arthritis and malaria, that production and inventory has been set up for?   What if the effect is only the same as placebo, another oh well it was worth the try?

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
Well about the folks with Lupus, Arthritis and malaria, that production and inventory has been set up for?   What if the effect is only the same as placebo, another oh well it was worth the try?
I dont think it would be too difficult to expedite a massive increase in production... hell we have ethanol plants and wineries making hand sanitizer now, lots of MFG facilities are suddenly making respirators,  all kinds of facilities making PPE,    I have zero doubt that if they found that some drug that is in short supply is the answer that we couldnt get it ramped up very quickly.

Ethanol plants are not class 5 clean room, which is a basic requirement for drug production.  That's great but it will take months to produce, most generic and other pharmaceuticals are produced off shore not sure how much is on the continent.   Big incentives in the 80's to move production to Puerto Rico.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3470633/

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
Ethanol plants are not class 5 clean room, which is a basic requirement for drug production.  That's great but it will take months to produce, most generic and other pharmaceuticals are produced off shore not sure how much is on the continent.   Big incentives in the 80's to move production to Puerto Rico.

when it comes right down to it... I am not concerned about our countries ability to ramp up production some where if the need arises.  I brought up ethanol plants to show how quickly existing manufacturing can be converted.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"BigAl99" said:

when it comes right down to it... I am not concerned about our countries ability to ramp up production some where if the need arises.  I brought up ethanol plants to show how quickly existing manufacturing can be converted.

I am just a bit too close to US mfg, been in automation for 40 yrs, and have some jaded opinions.  Also believe people are really naive to think we are not in a global economy.  I started in GE the same year Jack Welch took over, spent some really profitable time retooling plants.  Did a stint moving stuff out of the country, transforming capability into a service industry, so I am jaded and opinionated about US mfg capability.   GE transformed its manufacturing capability under Jack in 10 years, within 5 years GE Capital was the no. 1 profit center in the company.  Now look at the company, nothing Imelt did, the rock was rolling.  Giving hope that we can retool our plants to mfg a wide spectrum of product is farting in the wind.  Every new, last 10- 20 years, plant is lean and focused on base line, minimized variation production, out source and assemble.